Going to Costa Rica- any suggestions?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

Going to Costa Rica- any suggestions?

Post by glu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:43 am

I will have more than enough time to be in the beautiful country of Costa Rica. We are going all over the place-from the Pacific to the Caribbean.

Any suggestions? I have done some extensive research for some time now, but I love testimonials, so have at it.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

tacvbo83

Post by tacvbo83 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:49 am

Never been there myself but when I asked couple of friends several years ago on a study abroad trip I went to, they all(the ones that have been there) concluded that Costa Rica was the best place they have ever been to.

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:53 am

Tamarindo on the Pacific ... Great surf beach and very laid back well that was about 8 years ago... Montezuma over rated and too many hippies... San Jose is not a big deal so I would not spend more than a day..
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:40 am

Manuel Antonio National Park on the southern(Pacific) coast. Montezuma was interesting kinda like a trip back to the 70's. They have a waterfall real close by that you can hike up, pretty cool. Go to the Irazu volcano, it's something like 12,000 feet up with a very eerie, huge, green crater lake.
And of course you gotta do the canopy tour. Costa Rica is all about nature so get some comfortable shoes.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

glu

Post by glu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 am

word!

The girl is getting her masters in primatology, and I am a monkey lovin' fool with a camcorder and artistic eye, we are hoping to work on an educational video of some sorts, at least something that may get us some grant money and/or published.

Canopy zipline tours are on the agenda, day long treks into the deeper rainforests, cloudforests, where the jungle meets the Caribbean beach.

Montezuma is on the agenda, sorry cosmo, I was raised by good hippies.

Looking for stuff not online or in travel guides- local gems are usually the best.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:02 am

john gordon should be all over this one

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 am

It is the rainy season now until Jan.

penningt

Post by penningt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 am

Corcovado National Park - its wicked. You can stay with the rangers but you have to hike 15km along the coast to get there and you have to watch out for sharks as you cross various rivers. The hike is well worth it though as the wildlife and scenery is amazing.

We got ripped off hiring a car in San Jose, it ran out of oil on the first day and engine went and we got charged £1500 - the swines! If you hire a car make sure you go with an international company and double check the car for damage before you go.

The watering holes are great too - I can't remember the name of the local liquor but if enjoy a good piss just go and check it out.

Have a good time.

woodwardjnr

Post by woodwardjnr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:37 pm

take a coach trip, south to panama, to a place called bocas del torro. amazing place, cant reccomend highly enough

glu

Post by glu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 pm

woodwardjnr wrote:take a coach trip, south to panama, to a place called bocas del torro. amazing place, cant reccomend highly enough
We were looking at The Bocas area, since it's not that far from Cahuita. Which island do you recommend? Also, What are hostel/motel priceslike down there? We are on a $15night per person budget (as much as possible).

Going to Panama would be awesome. We have close to 2wks (out of 5 wks) unplanned so far, so our itinerary is flexible for meeting people and shifting plans.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:15 pm

glu wrote:
woodwardjnr wrote:take a coach trip, south to panama, to a place called bocas del torro. amazing place, cant reccomend highly enough
We were looking at The Bocas area, since it's not that far from Cahuita. Which island do you recommend? Also, What are hostel/motel priceslike down there? We are on a $15night per person budget (as much as possible).

Going to Panama would be awesome. We have close to 2wks (out of 5 wks) unplanned so far, so our itinerary is flexible for meeting people and shifting plans.
i stayed in cahuita for a while,also puerto viejo.you will love it.both places are very unique and have a sense of real tranquility about them.mostly cahuita.damn im so jeolous!!!!!!i wish i could be back there.the transportation is cheap and adventurous to say the least.definately check out bocas.

kefa

to see the amazing cloud rainforest

Post by kefa » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:33 pm

monteverdi can't be missed.

(I also enjoyed montezuma - seem to remember the incredible smoothies for some reason, mmmmm!)

glu

Re: to see the amazing cloud rainforest

Post by glu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:42 pm

kefa wrote:monteverdi can't be missed.

(I also enjoyed montezuma - seem to remember the incredible smoothies for some reason, mmmmm!)
Oh ya! Monteverde is the first place we will probably end up.

Thanks for spending your first post on my thread! Welcome!

Any music joints to not miss?