Konnekt 24D problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
eray

Konnekt 24D problem

Post by eray » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:36 pm

hi guys
its been a couple of weeks since i bought konnekt 24d but i still havent been able to figure out something:using fabrik r as a send effect.first,i run it in vst plug-in mode,then
i open live's browser.and yes,i see fabrik r and fabrik c in vst plug-ins folder but i cant see their presets,which means
i keep doing something wrong.
in my opininon,its all about routing.
but i dont know how
all i know is that i must tick the computer s/r stereo option on the tc control panel's set up menu but i couldn't find it as well.
so,any help will work.

dextroc

Post by dextroc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:07 pm

In the Fabrik C and Fabrik R tabs im the TC control panel you have to change the routing from internal to plug-in mode. Works fine here like that, presets and all. Had problems with rendering audio with those plugs, though. Very disappointing. Hope TC fix that (if they haven't already), or, if it's a problem with Live, that the Abe's fix it. :)
Yup...
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz, Ableton Live Suite 8, Max/MSP/Jitter, TC Konnekt 24d, Remote SL 25, Monome, joysticks, music boxes, harps, guitars, whatever...

GUY SMILEY

Konnekt 24D problem with fabric R and C plugins

Post by GUY SMILEY » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:49 pm

Ilove my new konnekt 24D. Rock solid mid timimg, great pre-amps and the compressor is invaluable when recording synths.
But I can't get fabric R or fabric C to works as plugins.
or that is to say I can but I have to create a new return channel (despite having two already set up) and then add fabric R (or C) at which point I have to delete one of the other return channels and then I can use the plugin, but there are crackles - and when I shut down and re-open the plugin doesn't work (it opens and eveything but doesn't allow audio through)
Bit shit really. Probably TC Electronics fault rather than Ableton.
goes without saying that neither plugin work at all when placed as an insert effect directly in a channel.
anyone else got similar problems ?

dextroc

Post by dextroc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Mine are still working fine and dandy like sour candy. Except for rendering, that is, although I haven't tried it after the last disappointing try.
Yup...
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz, Ableton Live Suite 8, Max/MSP/Jitter, TC Konnekt 24d, Remote SL 25, Monome, joysticks, music boxes, harps, guitars, whatever...

rpsx

Post by rpsx » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:56 am

hey, has the new .10 update fixed any of these problems?

i've been waiting for like 6 months before jumping on board the konnekt bandwagon. spec wise, it's exactly what i want. but, i've heard there's still a plethora of bugs for osx. but, sounds like maybe not as bad as i thought.

ALSO, can someone please answer this: can i use the fabrik c as a plugin on live's main out? would be cool to use it as a mini-finalizer on what i hear (and then, record that back in, too!). cheers!

GUY SMILEY

konnekt update

Post by GUY SMILEY » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:30 pm

I've had a reply from TC Electronic support - after only a day of logging the problem - impressive !
apparantly the next update will resolve 'known' issues with live 6 and fabric c and r as plugins. i note that there is a new update on the site today so will investigate and inform back.
in snswer to your question rpsx
you can't attach the fabric c to the main outs of the konnekt mixer 'internally' (i.e. within konnekt 24D's own setup window)
However, you can attach it to the master out in Live as a plugin (in theory mines still not working...yet) and as it has a limiter as well as a compressor so this is pretty handy.
the system is setup so that fabric c can be used 'internally' on the main two mic pre-amp / line inputs (v useful when recording vocals or guitar etc) and as a plugin - but not 'internally' strapped across the main outs.
hope thats helpful.

GUY SMILEY

Resolution

Post by GUY SMILEY » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:31 am

TC Electronics have sorted the problem with release 2.1.
Spot on :)

SkyBarstow

Konekt

Post by SkyBarstow » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi guys!

I was wondering about buying konekt 24 or Live, and ableton live6 for live performance. Is the konnekt24 stable and nice? anybody tried the live version?

And has anyone tried these with a dell inspiron9300.

Thank you.

Robin