speaker junk style jackin house (aka switch, herve etc)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kanesnude

speaker junk style jackin house (aka switch, herve etc)

Post by kanesnude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:07 pm

hi'

i know there are some switch haters on here for is "live djing" but you cant say anything bad about is remixing/producing skills.

I was wondering if anyone can help out, i want to know what synths, effect etc do you guys think switch is using to get that wonky wonky wonky bassline action?

live or pro tools? maybe reason??

thanks

cressy

Post by cressy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey man, it doesn't really matter what tools are used, just the technique. If you want wonky bass lines then just mess about with a pitch lfo on a synth, and manually twiddle the filter knobs till you get something that sounds filthy.

Oh... but it won't work unless you shave your balls. And you have to only use the black keys.

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Like a lot of that stuff myself, pretty sure that it's mostly down to judicious cuts and placing bits by hand until they sound just wrong-but-right. Consolidate those bits and you've got some lumps to play with. Never come across any Switch haters here myself....

microlive

Post by microlive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 pm

Somebody told me that his followers have coined a term for his (Switch's) style of music... "fidget house" or "fidget tech"... something along those lines. I actually laughed out loud... didn't realise they were serious. Can anyone confirm this?
Omnipitantly powerfull computer with complicated acronyms inside.
Latest range of extremely rare vintage synths.
All audio software ever made during recorded history.
Custom MIDI controllers for the aircon & coffee machine.

gezabelle

Post by gezabelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 pm

jesse rose and switch came up with fidget house, as in its arrangement and stuff... but they meant it as a joke. But it stuck because it kind of spawned a whole genre anyway (check out all dubsided releases)

kanesnude

Post by kanesnude » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:59 am

thanks guys, any other opinions???

bytheriver

Post by bytheriver » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am

I find rewiring reason into live, and using scream+subractor gives pretty nice results.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 pm

the tracks are cool the super glitched out ones, but are not at all DJ friendly, don't hear too many DJ's playing those 8O

audiojunkies

Re:

Post by audiojunkies » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:19 pm

lesterdiamond wrote:the tracks are cool the super glitched out ones, but are not at all DJ friendly, don't hear too many DJ's playing those 8O
The real glitched out ones can sound a mess, but I can confirm the music is now sweeping the clubs of the uk, and not just the underground!! the good thing is, it is using elements of Garage, Rave, techno, Dubstep, Drum and Bass production styles, elements of Deep Jacking House, all melted into a solid club sound that is working, selling, and getting support from the kids, also huge in the clubs and gaining mainstream radio.

audiojunkies

Re: Re:

Post by audiojunkies » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 pm

audiojunkies wrote:
lesterdiamond wrote:the tracks are cool the super glitched out ones, but are not at all DJ friendly, don't hear too many DJ's playing those 8O
The real glitched out ones can sound a mess, but I can confirm the music is now sweeping the clubs of the uk, and not just the underground!! the good thing is, it is using elements of Garage, Rave, techno, Dubstep, Drum and Bass production styles, elements of Deep Jacking House, all melted into a solid club sound that is working, selling, and getting support from the kids, also huge in the clubs and gaining mainstream radio.
In fact i might add, it is sweeping clubs globally, also mainstream acts are pulling in the best exponents to remix for them, which can only be a good thing, in bringing in more fans to underground house music again. It is even starting to overshadow the breaks Scene in Brighton that has traditionally been the home of breaks.

drako

Re: speaker junk style jackin house (aka switch, herve etc)

Post by drako » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Switch uses logic, and i think it's internal fx and synth.
http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/in-act ... ndex2.html