Best reverb?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:32 am

We use a TC Electronics M300
Sounds great for $200.
:)

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:35 am

Has anyone mentioned Ambience?

If not, I am doing it now. Ambience. Get it.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

krank

Post by krank » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:57 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:Has anyone mentioned Ambience?

What's so great about it? I tried it briefly, got nothing realistic.

djconrad

Post by djconrad » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:03 am

Wavearts masterverb working well for me at the moment.
Pretty CPU efficient as well

shaneblyth

Post by shaneblyth » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:24 am

SubFunk wrote:i suggest saving and going lexicon.

this is the only thing, where i (only MVHO) really prefer hardware over software. a lexicon or Eventide or the TC 3000 is very hard to beat.

software: the altiverb is certainly a very fine reverb, also i like the TC native bundle reverb a lot, but it's actually not really good, but somehow i like it's nasty sort of low fi character and tend to use it alot.
I can get a hardware Lexicon lxp-15IIit's old evidently are they any good and how do u use outboard hardware reverbs with Live anyway

cheers
MacbookPro Core2Duo 17" 160 gb SATA 2gb ram.
Korg M3
1 Terabyte External Drive
Presonus Firebox
Live 6,

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:25 am

shaneblyth wrote: I can get a hardware Lexicon lxp-15IIit's old evidently are they any good and how do u use outboard hardware reverbs with Live anyway

cheers
Dont know that one... But before u get any outboard gear I´d recommend buying a small mixer...then you get some true send/returns... Its a bitch doing inserts and stuff from Live´s mixer...latency and all considering...

Cheers

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 pm

ILTK wrote: Currently my favorite is Arts Acoustic Reverb, it is just so sweet and lush and has an awesome tail, I'm fanatic about my reverb, all the other vsts I have tried I didnt like the tail when you realy push them.
Arts Acoustic Reverb really sounds nice. Hope they'll soon come out with an Intel Mac version.
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm

shaneblyth wrote:
I can get a hardware Lexicon lxp-15IIit's old evidently are they any good and how do u use outboard hardware reverbs with Live anyway

cheers
i have to admit that i don't know that particular lexicon, but the age is not that much from importance, the PCM series or the 480 have a good amount of years on there back as well and are amazing and still expensive, but a good point was made, that if you not have either a good soundcard with multiple I/Os and very low latency or a decent mixer by hand, then in that case you might be better of going with a convolution software reverb. unless you can dig deep into the pocket and get the lot. or the lexi 200 is rather good and comes including a software plug / editor. or mpx-500 / 1 if you have a mentioned multi I/O soundcard or mixer.

TheAnimal

Re: Best reverb?

Post by TheAnimal » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:42 pm

rbro wrote:You guys rely on Live's built in reverb, or do you have a favorite plug-in?
To get back to the original question: So far I completely rely on Live's reverb plus what my PodXT gives me (and hopefully a GNX4 in a couple of days). My main problem is that I know far too little about tweaking the presets. So I mainly rely on presets and tweak delay time and dry/whet only. Does anybody know something like an "applied reverb howto" with real world examples?

minimal

Post by minimal » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:40 pm

krank wrote:
rbmonosylabik wrote:Has anyone mentioned Ambience?

What's so great about it? I tried it briefly, got nothing realistic.
Another vote for Ambience here, requires a bit of tweaking (it sounds crap to me unless the input EQ is flatten out) but it makes that wonderful druggy reverbs, I made lots of presets and I use it for quite everything, from percussion to voices.

Play with it a bit more and you'll see it's potential.

mers

Post by mers » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:12 am

Lexicon pcm 80 for the real job

lexicon pantheon and tc native reverb master for the virtual

ishimaru

Post by ishimaru » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:36 am

Ok Ok. The best reverb ever ...

.. is in my pants! :twisted:
Every situation(1) should be confronted with its opposite(2) to come to a better situation(3).

1 Thesis
2 Antithesis
3 Synthesis

- Hegel

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:24 pm

TheAnimal wrote:
ILTK wrote: Currently my favorite is Arts Acoustic Reverb, it is just so sweet and lush and has an awesome tail, I'm fanatic about my reverb, all the other vsts I have tried I didnt like the tail when you realy push them.
Arts Acoustic Reverb really sounds nice. Hope they'll soon come out with an Intel Mac version.
Meanwhile the universal binary is out. I just bought this littel gem. It's amazing how good it sounds and how low it is on CPU at the same time!

Wow! 8)

(And it has one of the nicest commercial licenses I've seen so far.)

poshook

Post by poshook » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm

I use Classik Studio Reverb for Lexicon like sound and Powercore + VSS3 for TC reverb. Lexicon seems to be more useful for long tailed reverbs and TC is far the best for early reflections

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:03 pm

In software, I use either Live's or Apple's, cos I'm cheap like that.

I got a Boss digital rack reverb from the early nineties. It mostly sounds like three delay lines run through a low pass filter, but it's all noisy and awesome and it clips the input in a most appealing way...
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.