any iphone suckers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
4ace

Post by 4ace » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Got one sat. morning.NO line,No waiting.

It's a badass phone/ipod/web device that's for sure.

I didn't have any problems setting it up and registered (3 mins literally).

Like the previous poster i got 1.5 days of straight goofin around done before the battery needed charging.

For everyone knocking it just remember the ui is SOFTWARE it will change/grow into something much better than what it already is.

WiFi on it is comparable to my laptop but the edge network is slighty slower.

I can finally edit everything in my lappy(contacts,calendar) and then sync it the phone.For me that was a big selling point
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2Gb
OS X.5.7 | MOTU Ultralite | Live 8 | Ableton Drum Machine's | Addictive Drums | Conectiv+ Torq | Ms. Pinky | AudioDamage

bubbd202

Re: GOT MINE FRIDAY

Post by bubbd202 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:17 am

sqook wrote:
bubbd202 wrote:I don't know how these people had trouble activating, you do it at home on itunes, it takes just a few minutes(I would guess most of those people had credit problems)....anyway don't be afraid, this is what a phone is suppose to be, go get one!
It has nothing to do with credit and everything to do with AT&T being generally incompetent. Approximately 2% of iPhone customers have had activation troubles... glad yours is working, though.
Listen to someone who actually HAS one! I activated my phone in a couple of minutes. I accidently set up a new account and got a new phone number(my mistake) I called AT&T today and they got me my old phone number for me in about 15 minutes. As for the phone, true it doesn't do some things....but what it does do is truly amazing
bubbd202

genshi

Re: any iphone suckers?

Post by genshi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:58 am

pilcrow wrote:Any early adopters on the forum regretting their weekend iphone purchases yet? Just read a bit of the reactions from first-day buyers--sounds pretty bad.
Don't know why you say "sounds pretty bad". Only 2% of the people had problems activating (half of those probably from user error) which means 98% had no problem activating their iPhones! Pretty amazing for the cell phone industry if you think about it.

As for the iPhone itself, most everyone has been pleasantly surprised even with all the hype surrounding it.

I got mine day one and it is amazing. What you nay-sayers don't realize is, despite the few missing things (3G, MMS, etc.) it's the way everything in it is so seamlessly integrated with such an elegantly simple user interface. It's all about the user experience and this is what it excels in. Almost nobody really likes their cell phones, but the iPhone MAKES you want to use it because it's so fun (even with the mundane things.)

Anyway, don't knock it until you've tried it as they say...

popslut

Post by popslut » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6255334.stm

Jesus Christ - these iTards scare me.
Jessica Rodriguez, who was third in line having queued since Tuesday morning, was overjoyed to have the iPhone in her hands at last.

"It feels great, oh my God, overwhelming. I never thought this day would come - and now it finally has, it's mind-blowing," she said.
"I can't think of another product launch that has been like this. When we went into the store I was almost moved to tears, it just made you feel really special."
It's a fucking telephone for Christ's sake!!

pilcrow

Post by pilcrow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:39 am

Sleep Tyght wrote:The real suckers are those people who cancelled their existing contracts just for the iphone itself. I'm still with Verizon, but I wanted the iphone just for kicks. I wasn't keeping up with the craze. It surely was a last minute thing. My girl waited at the King Of Prussia mall in Pennsylvania for about 2 hours to get into the store. By the time I arrived the phones were already being sold, but customers had to wait in line for HOURS just to get it activated.

Also according to what I was told, the phones were on sale MUCH EARLIER than the 6PM sales opening. Apple wanted to prepare for the rush so that customers wouldn't be stuck in the store well after 10PM.

I do think iphone customers shouldn't be considered suckers when the real suckers also includes those people who can't stop obsessing over the hype. I find the word "hater" to be a childish ass term, but you really are HATING when you enjoy hearing about activation problems and such. Don't point fingers at those who bought what you couldn't afford. Honestly it really isn't any of your business what's in the next man's/woman's pockets.
Well, speaking just for myself, I know I started this thread, but it's really one of only two times I've ever discussed the iphone, so I won't cop to the "obsessing" charge. That said, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THE HYPE :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that said, you did utter one of the best lines I've read on this forum yet: "Don't point fingers at those who bought what you couldn't afford." Isn't that from a John Lennon song?

The King of Prussia has his own mall?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:37 am

Personally, I think the thing is pretty impressive. Only saw it once at a VNV Nation show this Saturday, but it looks good, and the screen is massive. It's a nice looking phone, they did a good job with it. Not anything to stand in line over, but people are silly; in my neighborhood there were kids camped in front of Target for the Wii.:roll:

Sure there are people that make it into more than it is, but it's a bit retarded to think it's worth starting a thread bashing it over?? Sorry, I just don't get why it's that important to you to go on a campaign over?

Yes it's odd that people get all fanboy happy about a phone, but it's equally odd that people get all puffy and rant about a phone. :P

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:28 am

pilcrow wrote:
Sleep Tyght wrote:The real suckers are those people who cancelled their existing contracts just for the iphone itself. I'm still with Verizon, but I wanted the iphone just for kicks. I wasn't keeping up with the craze. It surely was a last minute thing. My girl waited at the King Of Prussia mall in Pennsylvania for about 2 hours to get into the store. By the time I arrived the phones were already being sold, but customers had to wait in line for HOURS just to get it activated.

Also according to what I was told, the phones were on sale MUCH EARLIER than the 6PM sales opening. Apple wanted to prepare for the rush so that customers wouldn't be stuck in the store well after 10PM.

I do think iphone customers shouldn't be considered suckers when the real suckers also includes those people who can't stop obsessing over the hype. I find the word "hater" to be a childish ass term, but you really are HATING when you enjoy hearing about activation problems and such. Don't point fingers at those who bought what you couldn't afford. Honestly it really isn't any of your business what's in the next man's/woman's pockets.
Well, speaking just for myself, I know I started this thread, but it's really one of only two times I've ever discussed the iphone, so I won't cop to the "obsessing" charge. That said, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THE HYPE :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that said, you did utter one of the best lines I've read on this forum yet: "Don't point fingers at those who bought what you couldn't afford." Isn't that from a John Lennon song?

The King of Prussia has his own mall?

Yup I fell for the hype...but I didn't fall ass-backwards trippin' and worrying over what's left in my savings account after buying an iphone. Sorry, I can't think of any John Lennon quotes as of now, but I once heard an artist say,

"Respect the game. That should be it. What you eat don't make me shit".

In other words...why worry about what's on the next man's plate? If you've only discussed the phone twice and you're already calling its owners a bunch of suckers...well that's just one time too many. Perhaps you should change your diet.

I don't know who's really the King of Prussia, but I hear he charges a shitload for housing and taxing. A nice 3 bedroom home with a garage might run you about $400,000 and up.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:32 am

Machinesworking wrote:Personally, I think the thing is pretty impressive. Only saw it once at a VNV Nation show this Saturday, but it looks good, and the screen is massive. It's a nice looking phone, they did a good job with it. Not anything to stand in line over, but people are silly; in my neighborhood there were kids camped in front of Target for the Wii.:roll:

Sure there are people that make it into more than it is, but it's a bit retarded to think it's worth starting a thread bashing it over?? Sorry, I just don't get why it's that important to you to go on a campaign over?

Yes it's odd that people get all fanboy happy about a phone, but it's equally odd that people get all puffy and rant about a phone. :P
If I had unlimited cash, I'd get one. BUT it would not be for the phone! I HATE CELL PHONES! My reasons are strickly rational-based and I'm not alone. Those of us who hate cell phones are that way because of inconvenience from non-respectful people who use them.......but the iphone itself is not really a "complaint" if you catch my drift...... :wink:

popslut

Post by popslut » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Yes it's odd that people get all fanboy happy about a phone...
A Friend of Mine wrote:Well, apparently the iStaff were trained up to give each customer a round of applause as they came down a flight of stairs clutching their $500. Then another rousing ovation as they left clutching their new toy...

Obviously some of the iCustomers could do with a little more love and assurance from people who haven't got a vested interest in selling them electronics.

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:50 pm

1. At $599, it is ridiculously expensive. (Add in the cost of an AT&T contract and you get close to $1500)

2. Those who want to buy one must sell their soul to evil mega-corporation AT&T.

3. Japan already has technologically superior phones, and they’re far cheaper.

4. Slower internet than the commercials show: “The data experience is going to be very slow. If you’re on a cellular network, [using the Internet] is going to be very slow.”

5. Initial reports indicate that YouTube is slow and crappy using cellular network internet/EDGE. It’s nothing like in the commercials.

6. You cannot remove its battery. Thanks for replicating one of the biggest complaints about the ipod, Apple!

7. The glass touch screen of the iPhone guarantees that thousands of customers who drop their phones will have cracked screens.
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-14 ... Phone.html

8. The touchscreen keyboard sucks, according to those who have used the phone.

9. It can’t send MMS messages.

10. The camera has no options, and the pictures it takes aren’t very good.

11. It lacks proper support for Flash websites. So much for the internet.

12. It can’t record video.

13. “Pinching” pictures to zoom might look neat in commercials, but many reviewers are saying it actually sucks.

14. It lacks 3G high-speed data transfer.

15. No songs as ringtones. unless you pay!

16. No GPS support.

17. It doesn’t work under 64-bit Windows XP / Windows Vista!!!!!!! Thanks for not including that in your Windows System Requirements, Apple!

18. It only allows for a maximum of 1 picture to be attached to each e-mail you send.

19. It doesn’t have a file browser/organizer.

20. Its default ringtones suck.

21. You can not save documents on it: documents can only be viewed as attachments when they’re sent to your e-mail address.

22. No games!!

23. Its “quick list” dialing sucks compared to traditional speed dialing, which it lacks..

24. Long activation waits: many new iPhone users are reporting that they are being told to wait hours or even days to activate service for their phone. Thanks, AT&T!

25. Heat issues: the iPhone can get very hot when it is in use.
26. Deceptive Ads: Apple has been using models with gigantic hands in their advertisements for the iPhone in an effort to trick consumers into believing it is more compact.

27. Many of the positive press reports about the iPhone are influenced by newspapers and TV networks that simply want to profit from the hypefest, or even worse, reporters who are looking to sell books about the iPhone.

28. It creates incredibly annoying iPhone fanboys.

29. Bluetooth is usable only to plug the headset, no pim/file transfer

30. No Infrared port

found onb the web, and i agree
Last edited by zappen on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm

zappen wrote: 14. It lacks 3G high-speed data transfer.
is that some kind of joke ?
spreader of butter

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:59 pm

it has no 3G support, only crappy edge

yourmom

Post by yourmom » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm

@ zappen. you have a few valid points imho.. but most of them are just shit and make you sound like an uninformed anti-apple twit.

2. Those who want to buy one must sell their soul to evil mega-corporation AT&T.

which cell phone company isnt a mega evil corportation? last i heard they are all shit.

3. Japan already has technologically superior phones, and they’re far cheaper.

yeah.... thats in japan...

6. You cannot remove its battery. Thanks for replicating one of the biggest complaints about the ipod, Apple!

8 hours talk time. over 20 hours idle. i don't know how many cellphone batteries you own. i just have one for my phone...

7. The glass touch screen of the iPhone guarantees that thousands of customers who drop their phones will have cracked screens.

i have seen a few videos of reviewers dropping their phones on asphault, on purpose, repeatedly... not a scratch on the screen. shit happens. and with half a million iphones in the public's hands you are bound to get a broken phone here and there.

8. The touchscreen keyboard sucks, according to those who have used the phone.

not what i heard. everybody who has properly reviewed the thing said that they were typing just as fast as a qwerty keyboard within a few days of using it. and the intelligent typing is phenom.

10. The camera has no options, and the pictures it takes aren’t very good.

the pics i have seen all look pretty effing good for a no flash cameraphone. sure there are better. but to say they aren't very good is completely untrue.

11. It lacks proper support for Flash websites. So much for the internet.

this would drain battery life like nobodys business. it was just a decision apple felt like they had to make.

13. “Pinching” pictures to zoom might look neat in commercials, but many reviewers are saying it actually sucks.

ONOES!!!!!

14. It lacks 3G high-speed data transfer.

you make this point about 4 other times in this fucking list. OK! GET OVER IT! jobs already said he decided to use edge because the 3g chip uses up battery like mad. it was a conscious decision.

16. No GPS support.

i'm pissed about this too for a $600 phone

17. It doesn’t work under 64-bit Windows XP / Windows Vista!!!!!!! Thanks for not including that in your Windows System Requirements, Apple!

wahh wahh. vista blows anyways.

20. Its default ringtones suck.

what a nitpicky shit opinion

24. Long activation waits: many new iPhone users are reporting that they are being told to wait hours or even days to activate service for their phone. Thanks, AT&T!

not true for the overwhelming majority.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:39 pm

yourmom wrote:@ zappen. you have a few valid points imho.. but most of them are just shit and make you sound like an uninformed anti-apple twit.
:lol: ++

Yeah, I've never seen an Apple hater make such a career out of crapping on any Apple related thread. Must take up a good deal of his time!
Image Image

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:50 pm

yourmom wrote:@ zappen. you have a few valid points imho..
i found those point searching iphone sucks on google
btw your replyes to the points are laughtable,

just a couple..

-8 hours talk time. over 20 hours idle. i don't know how many cellphone batteries you own. i just have one for my phone...

this is supposed to be not just a phone, but a music player and a wifi enabled webbrowser, if you don't know wifi sucks a lot of battery.
so is not comparable to cellphones's use

-3g chip uses up battery like mad?

so how all the others 3g enabled phones do? maybe if it it could help if it had a soo wanted replaceble battery?

-Flash support would drain battery life like nobodys business. it was just a decision apple felt like they had to make.

so again how the others Flash enabled phones do? , Flash web support is fine on windowsmobile and simbyan, i'm an old school symbian/wm user and i never heard about critical battery drain caused by flash. if you have some link show them

i could go on, but ... whatever