BT's an arse

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Surreal

Post by Surreal » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:08 am

umm...this is actually pretty nice.

the levels of everyone are bad. they (obviously, imo) wanted BT "heard" in this...so it SOUNDS like he is being as ass and just not listening.

this was really nice actually..(i am later in the song)

and the mixing is terrible right now..so with right levels...this song will be remarkable.

listen to tipping point.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:21 am

Surreal wrote:umm...this is actually pretty nice.

the levels of everyone are bad. they (obviously, imo) wanted BT "heard" in this...so it SOUNDS like he is being as ass and just not listening.

this was really nice actually..(i am later in the song)

and the mixing is terrible right now..so with right levels...this song will be remarkable.

listen to tipping point.
I thought the breakdown was kinda cool. most people just think he sucks cause of his hair and that keyboard. I'm betting if this was a nobody rapper with a nobody keyboardist people would be much more easy on them and say "not too bad.. just work on it a little bit" but since it's big names everyones says "that was the worst thing I've ever heard"
it's kinda weird how that works.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

dpel

Post by dpel » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:21 am

interesting
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:23 am

Just a poor mix. Roots like bt plenty.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:37 am

those tv studio things are always a bit off

the singer was the one out in this one in my opinion

i watched it hopin to bash BT but he was doin ok apart from the shitty gimmick and looking like an awkward uncomfortable teenager.

the whole band including bt should have acted with the intensity and maturity of artists with their caliber.

imagine the deep intensity of hendrix during the famous woodstock performance and how profound that physical relationship between you and the audience was and a bunch of 30+ year old guys trying to wobble a jp8000...

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:01 am

in terms of mix...i think black thought's levels were cool. BT's were just all over the place....his levels should ave been dropped at times. but the keyboard thing also got me annoyed. i am not a fan of bt....but overall its a decent track. i can't hate.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:07 am

two thumbs up from me.

iamnotcool

Post by iamnotcool » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 am

wow that was pretty dope. Like others were saying, the mixing is downright aweful, but the concept and music itself is amazing.
15" Macbook Pro C2D, Live 6, Remote Zero SL
Click here for my tunes!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:41 am

Johnisfaster wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:
BBScience wrote:I fail to see how bt ruined that.
By blatantly not listening to what everyone else was doing?
personally I think it was bad in concept anyway, bt could have done anything and it would have been bad no matter what.
i disagree, i think the concept could be there. In fact i applaud both parties for being open to the attempt.

but the execution is way off. This is the difference between studio folks and those who understand how to just play.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:50 am

leisuremuffin wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:
noisetonepause wrote: By blatantly not listening to what everyone else was doing?
personally I think it was bad in concept anyway, bt could have done anything and it would have been bad no matter what.
i disagree, i think the concept could be there. In fact i applaud both parties for being open to the attempt.

but the execution is way off. This is the difference between studio folks and those who understand how to just play.

.lm.
you misunderstood me. the fusion thing is cool, but trying to play a song from the movie blade live is the part that I thought was a silly concept.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:56 am

ahhhh, i see, forgive my ignorance i didn't know that bt was working in pre written material.

for me its more like, "why do you have to have so many effects on everything?" too much. sometimes an interesting sound just dry is best.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:56 pm

nigel tufnel wrote:there's a fine line between clever and stupid

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:42 pm

itook4lefts wrote:
nigel tufnel wrote:there's a fine line between clever and stupid
Post of the year :lol:

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:48 pm

That was like boo...
But i like the keybordstand!

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Anyway, the track itself is pretty amazing, i didn't know it before, and i was like, wow! Those guys can lay down a groove. :P