BT's an arse

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm

I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.
I thing this BT guy's sound selection was very good.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Mesmer wrote:I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.

Most outstanding for me is the keyboard stand. I'm done envying the "rockabilty" or "freaky freedom" enjoyed by electric guitarrist... This and more things like it need to happen for the new brand of computer / keyboard geeks.

By the way, I don't get how people can comment on mix, level, sounds, etc. Whilst listening this from a YOUTUBE STREAM made from a some TV STATION'S BROADCAST FEED.

cares,
-h
any half-competent engineer would know full well where this clip would be seen in 2007 you incredulous moron

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:04 am

I finally watched the video and I only heard it on my laptop speakers but I really don't see what the huge fuss is here. I don't think it's that awful and I don't think I have ever heard a sound engineer get a good mix of a live band mixed with the kind of sounds BT is using.

Synths that are carrying the main backbone of the song always seem to be way too high or way to low in the mix when competing with acoustic sounds, and especially if it's being played live as opposed to a premade backing track. I would even go as far as to say that the dynamics of these types of synth sounds with morphing filters and effects are the hardest to mix live. No other instrument or voice is going to have that kind of range.

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:30 am

TITBAG wrote:
Mesmer wrote:I think this song is cool, and I think it was a competent performance.

cares,
-h
any half-competent engineer would know full well where this clip would be seen in 2007 you incredulous moron
Sure BT,
and you have demonstrated in the past how you know all about engineering and intelligent stuff;
good one.
good one.
:P
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:36 am

They used to be so much better......

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 am

Mesmer wrote:
TITBAG wrote:

cares,
-h
Sure BT,
and you have demonstrated in the past how you know all about engineering and intelligent stuff;
good one.
good one.
:P
Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?

Mesmer: You seem to be arguing with yourself here? Or do you think that Titbag is BT?

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 am

beats me wrote:I really don't get all the BT bashing. You don't have to like his music but that doesn't mean he sucks. Let's put up one of your tracks against his and see where the production level is at.
Christ all mighty, what does that have to do with anything? I posted up a clip where he (IMO) completely ruins a Roots live performance by not listening and not playing along with the rest of the band.

And I'm sick tired if this 'if you can't do it better yourself' nonsense. I know a bad performance when I see one - I've done my share!
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 am

bt gave my dog crabs.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:00 pm

where did he ruin it? i watched pretty much the whole thing...

laughed at the keyboard stand though, thats rad :)

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm

yeah, uhm, the mix isn't the issue.

the horrible lack of musicianship and taste is.

listen to the last breakdown section at the end where bt is just noodling aimlessly.... what? and that's just where it's most obviously awful.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: the horrible lack of musicianship and taste is.

listen to the last breakdown section at the end where bt is just noodling aimlessly.... what? and that's just where it's most obviously awful.
amen, hit the nail on the head there old bean.
I thought the whole track was garbage tho, and BT didnt even enter my thoughts...I just thought 'what the fuck are the roots doing? ...followed by 'I guess I had them pegged for something they're not' ...followed by 'how much did they get paid for this shit?'

and then they had that interview at the end and everything became clear

and thats when BT spoke , and I learned he picked the roots from a list - in much the same way an obscene buisness man might choose a whore in a brothel - thats when I switched off.

all in all, a sickening experience. the roots have bills to pay obviously.... by the way, when did blade II come out ?
spreader of butter

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 pm

rozling wrote:Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?
they should do their JOB and mix for TV like george martin mixed for a MONO WIRELESS SET in 1965. basically this is GROSS INCOMPETENCE and look at the results this careless IDIOT has caused. they should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:29 pm

TITBAG wrote:
rozling wrote:Titbag: Are you suggesting that a FOH engineer/TV station should be optimising their live mixes for use with YouTube because they 'know' that it would be seen there? Don't you think that maybe they'd prefer to, oh I don't know, prefer people to be viewing a DVD and make some cash from that instead?
they should do their JOB and mix for TV like george martin mixed for a MONO WIRELESS SET in 1965. basically this is GROSS INCOMPETENCE and look at the results this careless IDIOT has caused. they should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY
Oi, did you ever hang out over at soundosound.com, like 2003ish? You remind me of someone.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:41 pm

I've always thought that it was rather uncool to name yourself after British Telecom

BASTARD CAN FOOK OFF TO OFTEL WITH HIS SHITTY 303 ENVELOPE TWEAKS AND OFFER CHEAP LONG DISTANCE TO HIS ARSE

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:45 pm

corygilbert wrote:.
Maybe mixed a little nasty, but honestly you could fart a taco bell breakfast into a radio shack mic over the roots playing live and it could sound great.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: