TIESTO reveals hard trance facts !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 am

getting into it would take way to long but that made me feel kinda ill

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:42 am

smutek wrote:There used to be a monkey at the Baltimore zoo that would run around in circles, beat its head against the wall, throw up on the floor and eat its own vomit.

It would repeat this process over and over and over again. I first saw it when I was a child, then again during numerous childhood trips the zoo over the following few years.

Year after year, same sad monkey, same sad routine.

It was so depressing that it made me stop going to the zoo all together. I thought of that monkey often during the days of my youth, how a cage in North Baltimore probably wasn't the most comfortable or ideal place for it to live. I'm sure had it been up to the monkey it would have chosen differently, but, alas, that was not to be its fate.

The next time I went to the zoo was many years later, on a date with my soon to be wife, sometime around 2001.

The old monkey was gone, in its place was a new monkey, a more "well behaved" monkey.

I considered asking after it, "what happened to the monkey, the frantic vomit eating one, that used to smash its face against the wall?" but thought it would be best if I didn't.

But I often wonder what happened to that monkey.

It too was a star in its own tragic way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

funkdefino

Post by funkdefino » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 am

Why hasn't "SURE" deodorant asked Tiesto, PVD, and Van Burren to be their spokes models? All I ever see them do on stage is smile and throw their hands in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0b1YR5n7hk

I think if you laid that Tiesto track right on top of their jingle it would totally fit. Don't cha think?
What is that? A .38?

38, 39, whatever it takes.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 am

funkdefino wrote:Why hasn't "SURE" deodorant asked Tiesto, PVD, and Van Burren to be their spokes models? All I ever see them do on stage is smile and throw their hands in the air.
I think after LL Cool J's unplugged performance and caked up deodorant pits the deodorant companies gave up on musical sponsors.
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?artist=932&vid=131000
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Sumatra

Post by Sumatra » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:13 am

Khazul wrote:There are some very good reasons hes so popular
Right?! Cause the general public is well known for making good decisions in regards to music. :roll:

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:47 am

j0shu@

Post by j0shu@ » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:25 pm

heh heh, ishkur.

i saw tiesto once. he was decent but i really didnt dig the tunes.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:20 pm

I was weened on warehouse parties in London in the mid 80's onto Castle Morten and many more free parties over the next years, most held in the countryside, woods, barns etc. with a few in Bristol and surrounding areas.
All of which were either free or cheap to get in.
We had a few popular DJ's like Carl Cox, Dave Angel, Producer etc. (Even some muppet called Billy Nasty) along side the residents but there was always a DIY, proper rave feel to it all.

However, I have always felt that Ibiza, Dreamscape, Creamfields, etc or commercial 'rave' was simply another scene that I had no part in. Some of the tunes make good home listening maybe (when you heard all your local DJ's mix-tapes a few times too many).

End of the day tho, each to his own. I'd never put someone down for wearing acid gear and waving glow sticks no more than I would knock a Biker for head-bangin. We used to get a few cheesers at the parties round here and just saw them unusul guests.

When you have a scene as powerfull as the free rave movement it will never die; The local stompers to me are still putting on events after 15-20 years getting 'whip rounds for diesel' and show no signs of slowing down.

People only see shit if people are willing to buy it......

I saw the same thing happen to the punk scene only a couple of years previous; Scene starts underground...Public hate it with fuel from the tabloids etc...give it a couple of years and they all want to buy into it,...marketing steps in.....real scene moves deeper underground becoming more elitest. Never dead.

The masses need Tiesto as do the real ravers, if only to keep Sun readers away from free parties.

Check out my MySpace page, top freinds for some real underground heros......

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 pm

brightonalex wrote:
8O
There's a few good take-offs of Chick publications on the internet. Some clever D&D players did a rather funny one (with the original alongside for mockery's sake).

http://www.unhelpful.org/chyx/

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:36 pm

holy. shit.

8O

i had NO idea commercial trance had gone that wacky-
those poor fuckers in the audience must have absolutely no clue what he is or isn't doing.
..... . . . . . . . . .

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Warminstrel wrote:I was weened on warehouse parties in London in the mid 80's onto Castle Morten and many more free parties over the next years, most held in the countryside, woods, barns etc. with a few in Bristol and surrounding areas.
All of which were either free or cheap to get in.
We had a few popular DJ's like Carl Cox, Dave Angel, Producer etc. (Even some muppet called Billy Nasty) along side the residents but there was always a DIY, proper rave feel to it all.

However, I have always felt that Ibiza, Dreamscape, Creamfields, etc or commercial 'rave' was simply another scene that I had no part in. Some of the tunes make good home listening maybe (when you heard all your local DJ's mix-tapes a few times too many).

End of the day tho, each to his own. I'd never put someone down for wearing acid gear and waving glow sticks no more than I would knock a Biker for head-bangin. We used to get a few cheesers at the parties round here and just saw them unusul guests.

When you have a scene as powerfull as the free rave movement it will never die; The local stompers to me are still putting on events after 15-20 years getting 'whip rounds for diesel' and show no signs of slowing down.

People only see shit if people are willing to buy it......

I saw the same thing happen to the punk scene only a couple of years previous; Scene starts underground...Public hate it with fuel from the tabloids etc...give it a couple of years and they all want to buy into it,...marketing steps in.....real scene moves deeper underground becoming more elitest. Never dead.

The masses need Tiesto as do the real ravers, if only to keep Sun readers away from free parties.

Check out my MySpace page, top freinds for some real underground heros......
Billy Nasty's no muppet :( it's hella cool!!!!

but good points

there's nothing wrong with Tiesto he's just doing his thing and getting paid well for it - people love him people hate him but at the end of the day he's just a man doing what he does - he obviously does it better than some and some people obviously do it better than him

the one thing he's not doing is hating on other dj's on the internet right now at 3:50pm PST in the United States

he's doing that on the propellerheads.se forum ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Oscar F

Post by Oscar F » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 am

dm_hawk wrote:
holy. shit.

8O

those poor fuckers in the audience must have absolutely no clue what he is or isn't doing.

Another example of how getting Monged off Your Face On E gives you bad taste in Music.
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place is actually nowhere.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:10 am

Billy Nasty's no muppet it's hella cool!!!! :-

The guy was the biggest prima-donna we had play at the UFO Club (Longleat, Warmister).

Two over zealous minders getting mucho heavy handed with the people running the sound rig for standing/chillin 'near' his lordship and smoking weed.

At the height of his mix he was so wrapped up in his set that he took both platters off the decks and held them up to the crowd and left them standing there in complete silence, then took 5 mins to put them back on again.

....And he had fecking BAG-PIPES in his mix.

Was by far the worst 'pro DJ' as far as contracts, special needs and general twatishness i've ever had the missfortune to witness.

Apart from that he was very short......am I being shortest?.....no YOUR shortest.

Sorry bout that, I am actually v-tollerent and in no way meant any offence to people of small stature, just couldnt help it.

To be frank, we and we are a very tollerent bunch of rustic stomers & the guy had severe issues and offended more people than is acceptable on both visits.

On the other hand: Ross Kemp was doing a visit to the neighbouring 'vannila' club, Oscars and was told it would be best to use the toilets in the 'rave' next door as we wouldnt notice, care or try and beat him up.

Totally top geezer even if he caused much sketchy-ness to the over muntered.

If any other promoters or ravers have had simmilar experiences with Mr Nast, please let me know.

Have to say that Carl Cox (Who many knock for selling out) was top; He went out of his way to comment that the 24K rig we had, had the best subs he'd ever heard and played a perfect dark-hard-house set, totaly on the ball for the local free party crowd.

The best DJ's are always within 10 miles of you...

Support your local sound-system.

Peace and B.A.S.I.C.N.E.S.S to all.

W.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:12 am

Sorry for any 'forum puresists' about miss html-ing the last post....

I'm sure you will understand,

W.

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:37 am

Oscar F wrote:
dm_hawk wrote:
holy. shit.

8O

Another example of how getting Monged off Your Face On E gives you bad taste in Music.
E helped me to appreciate the finer points of (early) Front 242, Skinny Puppy, and Wax Trax stuff. I'm grateful to this day... Maybe it's more a matter of individual taste. In my little brain, E would have made the Tiesto monkey even more noxious.
..... . . . . . . . . .