Ableton live 7?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:29 pm

blueprint wrote:Seriously though, $799 seems more realistic for a person getting the full version...not an update from 6 or even 5..

And logos don't mean anything to me, it's all about whats on the inside.

Sorry to be a downer but I didn't upgrade to 6 because I was planning on getting a new laptop for 7, if this price is set in stone then I'll go ahead and pass until I have no other choice.

-Jay
yo ... dude... I think they're kidding...
Relax ...all is well... take a deep breath...and release... :)

poshook

Post by poshook » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:30 pm

the_planet wrote:Funny you should post this! I ran into Henke last night at a bar... Drank WAAAAY too much ugh my fucking head. Here's a list of features in Live 7 that I can remember us talking about.

-New logo (already posted)
-$799 (already posted)
-Partnership with Waves for new trance plugins
-New "Lil' Jon" Operator presets
-New "Steely Dan" Sampler presets (!!!)
-Better video quality using .wmv files instead of .mov
-Dual mouse control option
-Auto-shock (electrical) for users of cracked versions of Live
-Impulse upgraded to 9 slots
-Compatibility with .flv, .oog, .html, and .pkg

That's all I can remember. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting these secrets!
you seems to be still drunken

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:30 pm

Hmm, I spoke to Gerhard in an abandoned warehouse and from what he told me:

I don't think they will release L7 this year, or perhaps ever. I think they may go straight to Live 9 or higher to try and capture the 'pro' crowd.

Live 9 will be called LiveX by mistake, then Live 10 will be called Live X² because it looks cool.

Live X² will have itself as a device, so you can drag itself onto every track inside itself, and in that self another self. After that, Live 11 will be called LiveInfiniteOnion and will contain the Hawking™ warp engine to address the dimensional instabilities introduced by Live X²

That's what he told me anyway.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Damn, I guess I'm not the only one with inside info, well, fuck it, if everyone else is doing it...

The $799 is for the downloaded version, the boxed version with EIC2 (now with cowbell) will be $999 but comes with stickers of the new logo and a printed manual.

If Henke's back on the sauce you know it's near release time.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Summer NAMM, July 27–29, 2007

8O 8O

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Angstrom wrote:Hmm, I spoke to Gerhard in an abandoned warehouse and from what he told me:

I don't think they will release L7 this year, or perhaps ever. I think they may go straight to Live 9 or higher to try and capture the 'pro' crowd.

Live 9 will be called LiveX by mistake, then Live 10 will be called Live X² because it looks cool.

Live X² will have itself as a device, so you can drag itself onto every track inside itself, and in that self another self. After that, Live 11 will be called LiveInfiniteOnion and will contain the Hawking™ warp engine to address the dimensional instabilities introduced by Live X²

That's what he told me anyway.
I believe you

chis

Post by chis » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:10 pm

the_planet wrote: -New "Steely Dan" Sampler presets (!!!)
Want these. Want them badly. If only so I can do "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" live with a dose of authenticity. :wink:

mattmc95

Post by mattmc95 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 pm

And the Lil' Jon presets--can't wait to throw Beat Repeats and Grain Delays on the "YAY-ahs" and "Whats."

Well worth $799.
G5 Dual 2.0GHz | 17" PB 1.67GHz | OS X 10.4 | Live 6.0.7 | Logic Express 7.2 | Axiom 49 | iDrum | Ozone | Korg Legacy Digital | old 70s, 80s, and 90s guitars, basses, amps, etc.

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 pm

why you guys don't follow the actual live 7 beta thread?

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... live++beta

there are allot of useful information.. for example hypersampler and the brand new possibility to connect everything with such nice biig cables.

yourmom

Post by yourmom » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:08 am

jesus christ you motherfuckers are easily parted with your money.

how about live 6.1.. or 6.5?

7.0 already?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 am

yourmom wrote:jesus christ you motherfuckers are easily parted with your money.
Yes, like a Live junkie, give me more!!!

I want to see what Cycling 74 and Ableton cook up, both pieces of software amaze me. Why do you care? Some people still use Ver. 4, some people still use horse drawn carriages.

I wish mydad would put out more. :P
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:28 am

yourmom wrote:jesus christ you motherfuckers are easily parted with your money.

how about live 6.1.. or 6.5?

7.0 already?
Live has had a x.0 release every year since 2001, so...
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

mechcon

Post by mechcon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am

So nothing, yourmom's got a point... I reckon the next announcement will be an increment off of 6 so 6.2 or 6.1 as that too has happened every year since 2001, right?

Then again.. Strange things have happened with software releases this year (I'm looking at you Apple and Microsoft)...
iMac 2.16GHz, MacBookPro 2.4GHz, OS10.5.4, Logic Studio, Live6.0.10, Reason4, Presonus Firebox, EvoMK429c, BehringerUMX25, Korg PadKontrol, NovationRemoteSL0.

http://www.mechanisedconvulsions.com

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 am

what's yourmom's point?

software companies should release .1, .2, .3 releases before major releases? there's nothing to say that a 6.5 release will mean nothing to you personally, it could just be updates that you won't even notice.

luddites :roll: Oh, and I do have a spare $500 to spend on a new version of Live today. Not all of us are 12 year olds on allowance, some of us have expendible incomes.

Ableton still released updates to 5 after 6 was released, what I'm asking for doesn't stop your wishes from coming true, what you're asking is for my wishes to be ignored. How thoughtful.

Don't worry, with the 'free nerd bag' on the front of the web site this close to summer NAMM I suspect Live 7 will be out next summer.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:21 am

unlike the rest of you, i dont know anyone from ableton so, i took it upon myself to break into ableton hq and sneak a peek at live 7
here are the new features.
5.1 surround sound support
time signatures
a modular synth
a clock
a few new buttons for easy access to other views like the piano roll
and the ability to slice and record samples on the fly like in live slice.
oh and the price.. of course it was $799
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.