How do I change keys in arrange view?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Anubis

How do I change keys in arrange view?

Post by Anubis » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:19 pm

I can't seem to apply a key(or pitch) change to a clip(s) in arrange view without it affecting all the instances of that clip in the arrangement. On my other sequencer I can create a marker and then assign a global key change at that point and then insert another marker and go back to the original key. Is there a similar function in Live?
I'm new to Live and purchased it online so I'm still waiting for the manual to arrive from Germany or somewhere. Don't get me wrong, this software is the most intuitive I've ever used! I was up and running immediately and cranked out three tunes while I'm learning it.
I finally accomplished the task by switching back to session view and duplicating the scene and then pitch-shifting the individual clips on that new scene but then I had to delete and then record the new scene with the pitch changes into the arrangement. It would be easier to be able to do it right in the arrange mode.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes