4 features needed

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
further

4 features needed

Post by further » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:04 pm

- Tabbed sessions. With their own tempos and midi and key mappings etc So its kind of like have Live open twice, but done internally and bug free. This could be done with dual screens too. Whichever one you are on is the focus, so midi and key mappings could be shared for both songs. The DJs would love this. Its taking the A-B thing further. I think if this was implemented, and you could just drag in sessions to each tab, Ableton would exponetially expand its user base and become THE DJ'ing tool.

This is THE major thing that would make DJing in Ableton the best. Please implement this with the highest priority! and if you do it, make the "tab focus" midi button assignable. This would revolutionise Live electronic music performance.

- Clip view attributes not global. I.e. transposition midi assignable for different audio clips. Cant believe this is global...what if you want to change the transposition of 2 clips simulatneously, or just dont want to have to click the clip you want to change...maybe implement the transposition fucntion as a VST effect?

- Ability to manually input the CC number for midi mapping. When you have a program like plogue sending LFO's to the program, you must turn them all off except for the one you want to map. Or if you have a midi controller that sends more than one channel of data at once it can be very hard to map if you dont have the option to turn off some streams. For eg, the webcam to midi program, or if you have a midi controller than always updates its position and there are small changes in it.

- a setup where LFO's can be assigned to any attribute in Live I.e. set up an LFO and then tell it what to control. Even go further, where you could then assign LFOs to those LFOs attributes. This kinda stuff gets really fun and would be a very cool addition. At the moment it is a long and tedious effort involving another program such as Plogue to set this up. You could implement it with some kind of matrix view, or with 2 drop down menus, one for the device and one for the attribute you want to modulate in that device.

Cheers

If you read this and think any of these should be imnplemented. Then say which one/s and add to them if you want. That way this post will stay near the top and will be more read by the developers.

roby

Post by roby » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:52 pm

tabbed session is an incredible request dude, shit! that would be incredibly awesome.

roby

Post by roby » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:54 pm

seriously, i'm so excited about this request that it feels like it's a real feature coming up soon...

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:01 pm

i agree

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:12 pm

my only real interest goes out to the LFO's..

I've requested that a zillion times already..

sigh; one day, one day..

joshuajames

Post by joshuajames » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:28 am

i don't like it. kind of limits the dj to two tracks right? well not really, but it would in practice i imagine. seems like a HUGE thing to program, but then again i don't know nuthin.