faderfox

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alien karma

faderfox

Post by alien karma » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:41 am

Product reviews on the Faderfox gear are few and far between, which probably means they don't sell alot of them. They look pretty solid from the pictures.

mohler

Post by mohler » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:12 am

I have a LV2 and it's rock solid, I expect it will out live me and I'll pass it on to my grandchildren.....

There should be a review on soundonsound.com of the originals. (The site seems to be down right now so I can't find the link for you, sorry)

I managed to pick mine up second hand and since it was a good price I though that I'd get it just to check it out. It ended up being way more useful and better quality than expected! I didn't even think about the 1 octave keyboard that's at the bottom of it but it's very useful I use it for dropping live samples and now i don't have to travel with a keyboard as I had done before.

It is very easy to set up and the live template sets give you some good ideas of how it use it.

Any specific questions?
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

alien karma

re: faderfox

Post by alien karma » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm

I'm waiting for the LV2 LX2 and the LD2 from Ableton and I really wanted to know that they are as useful and reliable as the Ableton and Faderfox sites say. It was either that or the projectmix i/o and I dont need any in's or out's on my system, I just want the most effective controller for Ableton.

mohler

Post by mohler » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 pm

I've PMed you. if you would like jpgs of a review of the v2 faderfoxes?
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

lanquarem

Post by lanquarem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Got the LV1, it's simply great. I cannot imagine how this thing could break or simply stop working.

You do not write long novels out of happy relationships like the one between me and my LV1 (Although I' sometimes have a look at the LV2s, they're so sexy !).