EXS24 AIFF Files?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support

EXS24 AIFF Files?

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:50 pm

Hello,
I'm trying the demo of Live, and have a substantial number of AIFF files on my Mac that have been converted from AKAI CDRoms through the Logic EXS24.

Whenever I try to drag one of these .aif files into Live, I get the dreaded "Bad Format".

I looked at the Type and Creator, and they LOOK a lot like OTHER AIF files i HAVE been able to add.

Any suggestions? I look forward to registering as a REAL user soon, but was hoping you might have an answer to this before I commit.

Jim B-Reay

Maxim

Post by Maxim » Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:46 pm

I'm having the same problem. Look like the EXS writes a slightly different kind of AIF header to the files, one which Live doesn't want to read. I thinkt it will be easy for Ableton to fix, since every other audio program reads the AIF files generated by the EXS.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:34 pm

Well, i'm sure it'll get resolved if they have a pattern to work with... I just ordered the full copy this morning and I'm looking forward to playing with Live longer than 30 minutes AND saving my work.... :D

Jim B-Reay

kleine

EXS-Converted Files...

Post by kleine » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:55 am

Dear List; this will be fixed ASAP...
Untill then, please have a look at the F.A.Q.

PPGWave

Open in Spark - resave - reopen.

Post by PPGWave » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:30 pm

Right. I know that's an option... but it't a bit cumbersome when in the "heat" of a session and you're grabbing tons of loops just to see what works.

I appreciate that you're working on it! My full copy just arrived today and I'm looking forward to installing it tonight!

Jim