AudioDamage plugin quality and price?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Taiis

AudioDamage plugin quality and price?

Post by Taiis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:42 pm

I've just noticed the audio damage plugins, and the extremely low price. Yet there are no reviews of them on kvraudio.

Are they good? just cheap and boring? cheap and really high quality? what's the story about them?

/T
+++ ---- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++
33 Koncerts, no demo, no album
http://www.thespoofkats.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Audio Damage plugins are great. I have 3 of them and the price is nice. The only issue you might have is they are what I would consider "random" effects. There aren't any presets and there isn't a save (to tbe best of my knowledge).

thefool

Post by thefool » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:52 pm

I also just noticed them now you said it. Going to try them out a bit now..

t1mp

Post by t1mp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:49 pm

I use them, they are not random. In fact, they are some of the best plugins out there right now, very useful.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't think you are understanding what I meant by random or I could have used a better word. I'm saying they are more like a piece of hardware or a guitar stomp box. You can't save any presets. So like a stomp box if you like a certain setting and you want to use it in different songs then you are going to have manually dial it in every time you drop it in a new song.

The sound quality and features are great though.

Taiis

Post by Taiis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

I know it's a bit cluttered, but couldn't you simply use a live effects rack? place one effect in it, and save that? thereby saving it?

I never save presets... for some reason. I like building a sound.

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:13 pm

You can save your presets easily.
Load the plugin and tweak
If there is not a built in preset browser on the plug, you just use the one built into Live.
Presets for all fx link into the Live browser. (via the buttons on the Live GUI, so select the track which contains the plug and double click to view it).
Its harder to explain but on the plugs there are controls to browse/save presets and open the Plugin GUI (Spanner).
You will find the AD presets here as well. (This using AU versions).
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:45 pm

They work with Live Clips, too - so just tweak until your clip has the right settings, and then drag it to the browser - easy!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Grifter

Post by Grifter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:04 pm

For what its worth AD plugs are *Tested*in Ableton Live... Adam Considers live his favorite platform for *Developing* Just read his blog ;)

As far as sound quality and price is concerned, well if you find better sounding single purpose plugins then please tell me mate ? as I know for a FACT you wont ;)

For a bit of History these two guys created the "Mode" plugs for Cycling 74, one worked for many large corps in the states coding and the other paid his dues being very successful as a muso in the states!

AD plugs are good ...end of story ;)

All the best !

Griff

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 am

These plug ins are really good.

If you want to try before you buy there is one called 'Pulse Modulator' on the Computer Music cover disc and a fuzz box you can download from their website.

The audio quality is good, the interface design nice and clear and they are quick to answer queries.

ernene

Post by ernene » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:49 pm

nice - fun - simple - fun - cheap - quality - fun -
I have them all (well, almost, by now :wink: )
They do what they claim they should do, it's fun to use them, U get great results from them, they cost nothing compared to any other stable and quality device as they are, they're intuituve (quite simple interface as well)...
Love them...
ah! they're also easy on cpu... Nice nice nice...

Taiis

Post by Taiis » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:51 pm

ok ok... I'll buy them already...

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:19 pm

They are fundamentally good plugins and I own several but I think there is a bug in VST Replicant whereby some of the plugs controls lose contact with assigned MIDI controls (assigned via the roll-out dialogue in Live) if you tweak the GUI control itself while playing your tune. This is fixed by resetting the song position by double clicking the Stop button in Live, most of the time, but is annoying and of course totally shit in a performance situation. I haven't got round to reporting this yet.

mickey disco

Post by mickey disco » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:42 pm

i think the audiodamage stuff is brilliant, and dirt cheap to boot. well worth a purchase or two.

belvario

Post by belvario » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:00 am

I love Replicant but I too have noticed the MIDI mapping problems, and for some reason I can't get it to reload saved patches - anyone else have this problem? Audio Damage has not answered my email on this....