Just for fun: where did you put your stickers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lasers and their beams

Just for fun: where did you put your stickers?

Post by lasers and their beams » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:10 pm

I have yet to see one on a bumper, thinking I might spot Alex around town that way...

I received one of those nice chrome tool boxes from Restoration Hardware for christmas, so I put one on there.

But they are so precious, I don't want to waste them!

So how/where do YOU show your love?

steve

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:26 pm

I put mine on the back of my car, to the right of the license plate.

But it's kind of small.

If you see a silver Saab with a green and black Live sticker, you're too close!

-Alex

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:31 pm

I have the big 'start playing' sticker on my PBook's aluminium case, and a small 'live' logo sticker on my iBook case. I'm so fussy about where I put my stickers...still got the stickers from my bondi iMac, waiting to go somewhere...maybe I'll put some on my bass...does anybody know if there's a website for collecting/trading stickers?

lasers and their beams

Post by lasers and their beams » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:52 pm

I haven't used the little black "ableton" sticker yet. Think I'll put that on my little black jetta.

btw, I went with some friends to see "24 hr party people" at the Ritz in philly a few nights ago, and was so pumped up afterward that I had to hook up the tibook to the car stereo, and perform a mobile Live set as a friend drove around the city.

It was fun, although, it felt a bit too much like an annoying mitsubishi commercial!

So, the sticker may even indicate what is going on inside!

I'll look out for you Alex!

steve

joshcarter

Post by joshcarter » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:02 pm

I still have all my stickers, and some Vic Firth (drum stick) stickers I'm looking to put somewhere. Unfortunately, the Live stickers are just a little too big for the edge of my TrapKAT drum controller. My 4U rack doesn't go anywhere now that I'm software-based, so sticking them there wouldn't do any good. Hmmm....

-Josh

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:43 pm

Yep, stickers have to be SEEN. I occasionally threaten to put some on the lids of my laptops but talk myself out of it just in time. I met a girl at NinjaTune who had a iBook COVERED in stickers, hardly any of its orange/white skin visible...it looked cool...but I just can't bring myself to do it...

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:06 pm

Hahaha. Very good question! Every time I open the box and I see them and think of how cool they are. I can't think of a place that deserves one. I really don't want to waste them. That's so sad. I was going to put one on my car but then I thought "This car sucks. I'm not putting one on this piece of crap!". Same with my Apple stickers that came with my computer. I live in NYC now so I don't have a car anymore. Maybe I'll put one on my bike. That might look cool.

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:11 pm

Stickers on bikes rule! I bought a great Buddha one for my Kona, but got it home and realised it was waaay too big...life can be so harsh...

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:52 am

lasers, and their beams wrote:...I had to hook up the tibook to the car stereo, and perform a mobile Live set as a friend drove around the city...
that is serious fun. my friend had one of those little battery powered 4 track recorders. shit, we had a few guitars and a drum machine going and would jam in the car on the way to band pratice. it's also great for having micro band practices when on tour.

astromass

hehehe

Post by astromass » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:17 am

damn, i wasted my live stickers on this dummy little notebook, which became unbound...

ableton, howz about offereing MORE stickers? i'd pay a buck or two. i love stickers.

oh wait, how about a scratch n sniff live sticker??? any suggestions as to the "flavor"?
hehe
+()Dd

mfa

Post by mfa » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:03 am

put one on my laptop and the other on my midicontroller.

yea ableton make more stickers. :lol:

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:56 am

More stickers...more tshirts...my 'start playing' tee is getting a little tatty... scratch n sniff stickers is a great idea! MUST be lime flavour!

Jamming in-car sounds fantastic by the way...I wanna do it!

Michael

Post by Michael » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:15 pm

full customer satisfaction mode on....

next week you are able to obtain the new official ableton company shirt

end
michael
ableton

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:24 pm

you guys got stickers?! how? i want stickers! oh, such stickers do i want! tell me they weren't supposed to come with the software' cause mine had nuthin.

k

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:41 pm

Tell you a secret...I got two sets of Live stickers! I have my sources...

Good news about the new shirt Michael, looking forward to it, how about something warm for the winter too?