..:: TAREKITH'S GUIDE TO MASTERING ::..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aburgener

Post by aburgener » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Why would anyone take anything you say seriously? There are people on this board who deserve to be respected, people who know more about these topics than I probably have time to learn in life. You are a nobody. You have a myspace with one "song" that is a completely pointless fucking seconds-long loop of nothing. You've made it very clear that you think you know more than everyone else here, and that you are convinced that Live sounds worse than other DAWs and etc. Basically everyone told you fine - just go use that and fuck off... but you're still here. Why? You're never going to change anyone's mind because we all think you're a fucking idiot. All the time you spend posting could be spent trying to improve yourself as a musician, using WHATEVER tools make you happy. No one else cares

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:04 pm

radib wrote:Sure. I´m suprised there is one around that might read before yelling, but let me tell you it is the huge gap between approach/thread-title/amount of words; and usefull content. So I didn´t want to hide my thoughts.

It´s a waste of time, cause there is a good book for nearly anything in this which is labeled and designed clear and alright for its purpose that would be worth it. Threads like these do more confuse and irritate than help.

And: Just my view on it.
Are you just putting random words together? I read the above twice, unfortunately, and can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about :roll:
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

radib

Post by radib » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:06 pm

vinkalmann wrote:Are you just putting random words together? I read the above twice, unfortunately, and can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about :roll:

That ain´t my problem, but if it helps you in that quoted post I answered to the writer before me. He think he got it halfways.
-

"after all it wouldn´t have been possible without the impossible."

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 pm

No, it really is your problem... you are completely incapable of putting together a coherent thought

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:16 pm

radib wrote:That ain´t my problem, but if it helps you in that quoted post I answered to the writer before me. He think he got it halfways.
That's what I'm saying! What ARE you talking about?
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 am

hey radish, weren't you supposedly leaving?

how about you already hurry up and Image

:wink:

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:32 am

Erm, please don't hijack this thread for accusations, folks! I did understand Radib quite well, despite his inadequacies in written english and sometimes flowery verbalizations. I do wonder quite a bit that a Germany based company like Ableton does not offer a german board anyway. It's quite the same with NI, but they do offer a german part inside their otherwise english forums. Anyway, it doesn't help to rant on from anybody's side, it will only fill this otherwise useful and productive thread.

Now back to topic:
it is the huge gap between approach/thread-title/amount of words; and usefull content.
The title clearly states that this is "Tarekith'" guide, a subjective presentation of his knowledge in a subjective form. No one is forced to read it and while the fact that it has been written all in BOLD can be argued over you have to keep in mind that this is an appropiate way to make a "how-to" thread semi-permanent in an unmoderated forum. Maybe it should have been put to the "Tips & Tricks" board, but actually the contents are general and not only Live specific.
It´s a waste of time, cause there is a good book for nearly anything in this which is labeled and designed clear and alright for its purpose that would be worth it. Threads like these do more confuse and irritate than help.
I do not agree. This is a short guide that will provide newbies with a bunch of practical hints and a bunch of keywords to look for if they are interested into diving deeper into the subject. Most people will get along with what they learned out of this thread, because they don't produce on a professional level anyway. And this guide gives you something to begin with when you're clueless without paying for a book.

Most of the professional producing people will need the help of a Mastering engineer anyway, but it's good to know what will happen at the last stage and make as little errors before that as possible. These people will either already know what was written in this guide or take some of the keywords and buy the books you have mentioned to read a full fledged and edited how-to.

Like I said: No one is forced to accept the content and no one is forced to read it at all, too.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:28 pm

I was forced to read it :(
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

radib

Post by radib » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:12 pm

@Timur

I think you drift into much moderate compromise. But not my cup. Maybe I got a quite different expectation regarding guides, whatever if they´re "short", "compact" or "complete". This is no word on their quality, which itself is defined not by the amount of words and ranking of words inside the producers context. Talking about mastering should always be done with more general and specific substance - and less words per issue.

This trial from the user "Tarekith" is nice and sweet as a tribute, ok. But to me no help at all. FURTHERMORE: I recept critics always as something constructive, finally. Even if it hurts the most.
-

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Can someone please ban this guy already? It's obvious he's only here to pester people and has not contributed one bit of helpful, or even positive, bit of conversation.
Tarekith

radib

Post by radib » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Too funny. Positive = helpful.

Fool you are. All those kids even less experienced than you that pushed you up now can´t protect you from one single true critic. That´s..... poor.
-

sonorous3

Post by sonorous3 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:57 pm

What I don't get is why people pick on rad's English when it's known that its a language barrier and then there are people like girl next door who claims that he is "proud to be english" yet can't even form a proper sentence lol. And if he does its never informative, almost as bad as his TI patches :twisted:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:26 pm

radib wrote:Too funny. Positive = helpful.

Fool you are. All those kids even less experienced than you that pushed you up now can´t protect you from one single true critic. That´s..... poor.
I'm not even talking about this thread, all your posts in general are negative and spiteful. I could care less what you think of my guide to be honest, dozens of others have alread found it useful and that's why I do it. You're a forum troll plain and simple, I never could understadn why Ableton let people like you continue to use the board and get on everyone's case for no reason.
Tarekith

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:29 pm

radib wrote:This trial from the user "Tarekith" is nice and sweet as a tribute, ok. But to me no help at all. FURTHERMORE: I recept critics always as something constructive, finally. Even if it hurts the most.
So beside the critic of Tarekith being not enough to the point from your point of view ("too many words") which is a critic of the guide's style, please contribute some critic on the content. I am sure Tarekith would not reject any hints on errors or false guiding in his manual.

Or is it that you just not like the approach and style of the guide? From your statements it seems as if you don't agree with the contents neither?!

Tarekith

Updated 11-07-07

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:32 pm

Updated with some small format changes, thanks to Troy Perry for his proofing work!
Tarekith