OT Anyone use a micro modualr?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelike5

OT Anyone use a micro modualr?

Post by thelike5 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering what the integration is like with OSX. I can't find anything about this online anywhere, Clavia or otherwise.

I have the chance to acquire one on the cheap but it would do me no good if I can't incorporate it into my setup which revolves around a macbook running 10.4.9

Thanks in advance.

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

I have one but I am on PC... I know that the later MAC O/S's don't support it but what do I know best to search here...

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/forum-43.html

Why not buy it and buy an old macbook to run the editing software on... I paid $300 for mine and it came with an old macbook.. It is a great little box...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

Poster

Re: OT Anyone use a micro modualr?

Post by Poster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:03 pm

thelike5 wrote:Hey all,

I was wondering what the integration is like with OSX. I can't find anything about this online anywhere, Clavia or otherwise.

I have the chance to acquire one on the cheap but it would do me no good if I can't incorporate it into my setup which revolves around a macbook running 10.4.9

Thanks in advance.
Clavia does not support the NM G1 anymore..

the unofficial OSX editor works fine on both PPC and Intel..

there's also a all platform Java version in the making.. Nomad..
still not in a very workable state though..

thelike5

Re: OT Anyone use a micro modualr?

Post by thelike5 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:55 am

Poster wrote:
thelike5 wrote:Hey all,

Thanks in advance.
Clavia does not support the NM G1 anymore..

the unofficial OSX editor works fine on both PPC and Intel..

there's also a all platform Java version in the making.. Nomad..
still not in a very workable state though..
That's great news about the unoffical OSX editor! I presume that's the one on the Clavia site? I know it mentioned it being tested (with bugs) for something like OSX 10.1. I figured since I have a macintel it may not work. Glad it does as I have a shot at picking one up for $250. $250 for additive synthesis? Works for me...

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:08 am

I have one, but once I got a mac it stopped being used so much. I tried the OSX editior and it felt a little unstable. I tried to get the nomad editor working but it was way to much of a hack job for me to get the MM to work (G1's work great from what I've read). YMMV. I now have it hooked up to an old (and very slow) PC Laptop running windows and it works great. Now that I think of it I should bring it out more. For $250 it's worth it. Loads of fun that little red box. Good luck.

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:46 am

I've had pretty bad results with the OSX editor, like crashes every three minutes. My Micro works fine with my PC though, so bootcamp my be a solution.