Why are people always disappointed?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Re: Why are people always disappointed?

Post by b0unce » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:19 pm

gaijin1717 wrote:Even if things are getting better...slowly. It takes time.

That's it.

(I've never used Live 7. I'm glad it's there, though.)

I've been waiting for months for a certain SAMPLER/.nki import bug to be ironed out in live 6, bitching the whole time that they're working on a new 'paid-for' version while 6 languishes [[and doesn't deliver some of the functions they promised in plain english on their website for the entire duration of Live 6]]. And low and behold I was right. The bug still isn't fixed, and it looks like it's supposed to be ironed out in this new paid-for Live 6.7 .... but it's still not working right.

lol?
This is the stuff of NI anti-legend

I'm containing my vitriol for now, allowing time for further developments to transpire.
spreader of butter

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:10 pm

I know there are some improvements to how multi-sample presets are imported. Not sure if its the case for your specific case.
When the circle expands, get the beta and test it. If its still not working as you expect it to work, make a detailed report or moan till you can make a thread named "Live 7.8?".

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:14 pm

hoffman2k wrote:I know there are some improvements to how multi-sample presets are imported. Not sure if its the case for your specific case.
When the circle expands, get the beta and test it. If its still not working as you expect it to work, make a detailed report or moan till you can make a thread named "Live 7.8?".
I have the fucking beta, and I did fucking test it. And I have fucking reported it. Ad nauseam.

:roll:

Even if they do get it to work in 6.7 - its a paid upgrade.
Now piss off.
spreader of butter

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:28 pm

b0unce wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:I know there are some improvements to how multi-sample presets are imported. Not sure if its the case for your specific case.
I have the fucking beta, and I did fucking test it. And I have fucking reported it. Ad nauseam.

Now piss off.
You don't have a single post in the beta forum.
Suit yourself, if you wonna be bitter for another year.. Its your own call.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:36 pm

b0unce wrote:

Now piss off.
+1... word for word...
6.0.10... Is not yet as stable as 5.2.2...
Crashes and bluescreens...

and support ignores...

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:44 pm

hoffman2k wrote: You don't have a single post in the beta forum.
Suit yourself, if you wonna be bitter for another year.. Its your own call.
what does that matter ? ...seems convoluted posting in the beta forum, when I'm just dealing with support direct. plus I've posted there before about this issue and it was fruitless.

I dont think you're doing ableton PR any favours by being a condescending little toss pot towards me because I'm not joining you in the beta circle jerk right now....what a prick I am for having my own priorities, or breaking forum protocol and dealing with support instead of cunts like you on the forum. I guess I should be cheering for joy that I get to beta test the new paid-for improvement to LIvE 6

yay!

It seems you content selling shite-hawks always got to keep the sycophant viral marketing machine ticking over at all times
spreader of butter

steff3

Post by steff3 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:54 pm

>> Why are people always disappointed?

well, if a company tries to play in different domains at the same time (Live performance, Djing, DAW, MIDI, scoring to video) then there are quite some they are putting the expectations up. Maybe they should slowly start to building up development teams as big as for at AVID/Digi and Apple Video/Audio teams together ....

best

rarelyseen

Post by rarelyseen » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:18 pm

b0unce wrote: ....what a prick I am
true.

Holding on to Tommy's hand, Sandra was leading her five-year-old son through the mall. Tommy stopped in front of Dairy Queen and said, "Mommy, I want ice-cream!" "No, Tommy," Sandra replied, "it isn't good for you, but let's get some nice, cold orange juice instead." "No! I don't want orange juice; I want ice-cream." he shouted. As Sandra gently tugged Tommy away, he could be heard yelling, "I hate you, mommy; I hate you!" Did Tommy misperceive reality? Did he misinterpret his mother's loving intention as evil? If so, he can be excused; after all, he is only five.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:08 pm

people are overly optimistic.

There is egocentrism built into humans and their sense of 'what is right' simply orbits around that individualistic egocentricity.

When something occurs which 'is not right' then the outrage button is pressed. Several times.

'Justice' and 'what is right' are fallacious ideas, the universe does not contain them, except in the mind of man.

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:17 pm

steff3 wrote:>> Why are people always disappointed?

well, if a company tries to play in different domains at the same time (Live performance, Djing, DAW, MIDI, scoring to video) then there are quite some they are putting the expectations up. Maybe they should slowly start to building up development teams as big as for at AVID/Digi and Apple Video/Audio teams together ....

best
Application Developer (m/f)
Job Description

With a small and dedicated team, you will develop state of the art music software in C++. Your work will help thousands of artists worldwide to create and perform their music. Ableton can offer challenging development tasks in a wide range of domains, from general application development to performance-critical real-time programming.

Your Profile

At least 2 years job experience in the design and implementation of large and complex object-oriented software projects
Willingness to relocate to Berlin, Germany
A keen sense for the aesthetics of code, documentation, and user interfaces
Thoroughness in all aspects of software development
The ability and willingness to communicate in German and interact in a team,
You should be self-motivated, results-oriented, hard-working, and easy-going
How to Apply

If you meet these criteria, please send your resume with cover letter to jobs@ableton.com. Please let us know your expected salary and possible starting date, and mention "Application Developer" in the subject field of your e-mail.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:00 pm

it'd be so dope to work for Ableton - I graduate this summer (hint hint)

too bad I don't know a lick of German and Highly doubt people at the HQ like me so - maybe I'll apply at Apple (yeah right :roll: )

anywayz - I haven't tested 7 but it's already got the bells and whistles I was looking for in 6 - namely r e x support and some other thangs mentioned

thinking about just upgrading to 6 this week - It's a dope program and not everyone will get what they want when they want - that's life

I always get what I want but I'm different

Hello, hello!!!!!!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Track folders and dual screen support... is all i want since v5

When Live gets those *two* features, then i promise i'll quit moaning *forever* on this forum.

:o

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:07 am

alvaro wrote:Track folders and dual screen support... is all i want since v5

When Live gets those *two* features, then i promise i'll quit moaning *forever* on this forum.

:o
dual screen has been in since ver. 6.

extend desktop to 2nd monitor
drag the video window to the 2nd monitor, expand it to full size.

there isn't support for MORE monitors than that, as someone pointed out, real VJs use a TV out along with their dual monitors. anyway, it can be done but not like some programs.

track folders, dunno, never used them in another APP. Drum Racks introduce an idea very similar to these, if I understand them right.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:44 am

track folders - had 'em in Cubase since SX2, used them on 1 project so far (of the hundreds done since then) - shows how we all have different needs.

we all know that we will always have a whine about something, especially if it's available in a competitors product. You just cannot please everybody ALL ot the time. Like someone else said, even if we had it all we'd want more !!

What I want most is not to have to read one more single post about fucking Logic and how superior Logic is. I could forgive all the missing features and bugs if only that wish could come true :lol:

That would grant me eternal happiness...
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

ilia

Post by ilia » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 am

yeah, no problem, let's talk about something else, there's so much to discuss about Live and music and the world in general... so anyway I was thinking that...whoa, did you check out how you can comp multiple takes in Logic???? That stuff is SICK! I wonder how long we have to wait for Live to catch up?????

:wink: