please listen to my beat

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
blingstef

Post by blingstef » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am

i will try the headphone trick thx to u all for the time u took
kickiest kicks with the snariest snares
http://www.dsidemusic.com,
m-audio axiom49, ableton live 7.0.12, m-audio projectmix I/O.

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 am

Compress the living shit out of that kick man, get it pounding for this kinda music.
And give it a bassline, but make sure you either duck it or EQ it so that the bassline and the kick arent filling the same frequencies...
There are some MAJOR clashes in some of the notes between 2 of the parts in there a couple of times too.
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Your all full of shit. This has M+M written all over it. The Clap is the feature of the track you dumbos.
Hey dude the track is ok. You dont need to beef up the kick these guys here are telling you to do that because that is what they expect to hear in a track such as this. I like the fact its different and you get points for different. get rid of a the high pitch flute type noise and replace with a rhyme and you would have a fairly contemporary and decent commercial hip hop track.
dont listen to the jokers on here most havent a clue what their talking about and if this is really a very early effor from yout I think its not bad at all. Your ear knows what it wants its just your lack of experience letting you down a little but you have commercial sensibility so you could do well. The bleep guys here will sell maybe ten downloads over a ten year period. your track there would sell a lot more even just as it is.
instead of websites concentrate on the music first.
HA HA HA :twisted:

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 pm

bleepsnbreaks wrote:Compress the living shit out of that kick man, get it .
No that would make it tiny.
When I see comments such as your this is when I know its an amateur. Sure comps are used on kik drums but COMPRESSING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ONE KIK DRUM WILL NOT MAKE IT MASSIVE. You need to layer kicks and eq thats all. controling dynamics of a sampled kik drum that never changes level is not needed.
im so fucking sick of the amateur bullshit I constantly read in this place especially when it comes to compressors.
Lives comps can never make anything sound big. A distressor will if used correctly.
HA HA HA :twisted:

blingstef

Post by blingstef » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Ok first of all, NONCONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS CAN'T HELP ME GET BETTER (such as 'that track is garbage'). thx for the constructive comments it helps me... i haven't been doing beats for a long time . it will be like 7 months or something so give me the chance to practice guys. thx for all the other comments it is useful for me i am actually printing them to read when doin some beats.

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Rogue Scrunt wrote:that track is garbage.
if you are doing some keyboard beats, you should take some music composition classes.
keep at it, though
But you don't have to be so rude to the boy,do you? ... 8O

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:20 pm

Atomikat wrote:
Rogue Scrunt wrote:that track is garbage.
if you are doing some keyboard beats, you should take some music composition classes.
keep at it, though
But you don't have to be so rude to the boy,do you? ... 8O

He asked for opinions, I gave mine.

now go fuck yourself
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

blingstef

Post by blingstef » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:18 am

He asked for opinions, I gave mine.
i asked for technical opinions... opinions like the track is garbage cannot help... Take some music composition classes is a real good piece of advice... but still it doesn't tell me what makes the song garbage, like those who took their time to share their knowledge they gave their opinions on the technical side of the track and so far that helped me out.

tekaj

Post by tekaj » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:50 am

first off, try to end the track before the sun comes up twice.

second, where are you getting your sounds from? Try to use some sample cd's (loops) at first to get a better idea on how to go about constructing tracks.

turd - There are NO changes in your ''song'' so try to have some breaks, or at least get that Zelda flute out of there once in a while.

kinda sucks actually.

but everyone sucks at first.
Macpro dual intel corefunk 2GB-Live 6 soon 7!!!- Novation SL25 - KRK8's with sub - MK3's and 24 inch lcd monitor to see how bad I suck.

ashtonron

Post by ashtonron » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 am

I think the kick sounds a bit boxy, so i would take off any reverb you have and layer the kick with some other kick samples. Eq the combination of kicks to get the kick sound you are after.

negative eq around 300 hz is normally a good starting point to reduce the boxy sound.

Architect

Post by Architect » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 pm

Keep working on the rhythm section. Drums need to be hitting a lot harder. It sounds like a cool joint but I would work on the Drums they need some more beef to them. The bassline needs to be pumped up. Think about adding another element of interest to the melody to keep the track from being too simple and thus boring. Keep practicing, practice makes perfect.
Dope Hip-Hop Production
http://www.myspace.com/infinitarchitect
Live 6.07/FL Studio 7 Producer Edition/Recycle/Battery 3/Kontakt 2/Motif ES6/Yamaha EX5/Akai MPC 2500/NI KORE Controller/2x Technic 1200s