upgrade to 7 or buy reason 4 ?

Promote your gigs or events.
swamp creature

upgrade to 7 or buy reason 4 ?

Post by swamp creature » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:45 am

i have live 6, sampler, operator, & the EIC ? WHATS IT GOING TO COST to get up to date against the cost of a new daw with great instruments! like reason 4 . What do you beta testers think ? 8O
(sorry in wrong area when i posted!) :oops:
iMac 27"Multi screen snow,eMac tiger,Toshiba Satellite P500 Win7+linux,m-audio firewire 410, live 6.0.11 Operator, EIC ,Sampler, 2tb external drive, edirol PCR M 50, Casio ctk671,7.1 bose,Digitech RP 50 & an open mind.

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:11 pm

simple thing: if you don´t have reason 2 or 3, then get reason 4 and maybe upgrade with live 8.
-

"after all it wouldn´t have been possible without the impossible."

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:39 am

Reason 4 continues to have some MAJOR things lacking that mean it could never replace Live for me. I used to use Reason but found the lack of Audio Tracks/Recording and VST support frustrating.
Yes, reason has some great built in instuments like Thor, which is a badboy modular synth, the groove mixer is a great innovation (that will probably start showing up in other DAWs), but its just too limiting for me to use instead of Live.

If you have a look on the page for Live7 theres a link to where it looks up what products you already have registed in your name and tells you what it will cost to get the different upgrade options.

For me, theres a few things I dont want in Studio, like the sampled instruments etc. I already own operator, want Analogue and I want to buy sampler anyway so when I add the cost of the upgrade, the cost of sampler and the cost of Analoge it comes to the same price as the whole studio upgrade which gives the me the whole shebang, so I know what I'll be getting.

I got Ableton at educational price, which was like $300, so that plus the upgrade is still gonna be cheaper than just buying Live 6 at normal price in Australia (where I am)
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

swamp creature

Post by swamp creature » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 am

just visited the page you mentioned the priceing options are overly complicated but i found the special bundle offers( much clearer there) i can get live7 , analog , tension & electric drum machines for e259 £ 180 the session drums will be another e80 £55
im using reson 4 demo but it times out after 20 mins but ilike the idea of using it as a slave to live ?? is anyone using tension or analog on the beta?
iMac 27"Multi screen snow,eMac tiger,Toshiba Satellite P500 Win7+linux,m-audio firewire 410, live 6.0.11 Operator, EIC ,Sampler, 2tb external drive, edirol PCR M 50, Casio ctk671,7.1 bose,Digitech RP 50 & an open mind.