cant get MIDI to work in 4.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
atonalism

cant get MIDI to work in 4.0

Post by atonalism » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:02 am

Just got the live 4 demo and im having difficulty getting my vst's, 4'ssimpler and impulse to sound. ive tried all the obvious settings i think in preferences. Im using a Terratec dmx6fire card with the latest drivers and windows xp with plenty of ram, processing speed. Any ideas/similair probs anyone?

the8bitdeity

Post by the8bitdeity » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:20 am

do you have the MIDI Monitor button pressed?
iBook G4 1Ghz w 768 mB RAM, internal Audio
OS 10.4.1

drez

Re: cant get MIDI to work in 4.0

Post by drez » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:51 am

atonalism wrote:Just got the live 4 demo and im having difficulty getting my vst's, 4'ssimpler and impulse to sound. ive tried all the obvious settings i think in preferences. Im using a Terratec dmx6fire card with the latest drivers and windows xp with plenty of ram, processing speed. Any ideas/similair probs anyone?
On the channel, make sure "Monitor" is set to "Auto" and click the Record button on that channel (the box with the black dot in it right above the channel number at the very bottom of the channel).

Make sure your "Audio To" is going to "Master" and that the Track is "activated" (the little speaker icon should be green two above the record button).

That should do it methinks.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:50 pm

er, where is monitor so i can change it? sorry im well new to live

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:51 pm

and @audio to@

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:09 am

Go to the session view and then choose the menu "View" and there the menu entry "In / Out". You can show/hide this and other views by short cuts or by the five small round buttons on the right side of the master volme fader.

Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

Knob Rock

in regards to mid issue.

Post by Knob Rock » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:12 pm

i too have had midi issues. although ableton is reading and recording the midi signals from my access virus. its failing to send the info back. im prolly blind and not reading deeply into it. regardless, my two questions are 1.where do i delegate multiple midi channels so i can run my virus in multi mode and 2. whats the best way to route my midi track to a new audio track when bouncing my access virus midi to audio i.e.(recording back thru my firewire into a new audio channel)

thank you and ableton for making software implication in a live setting better then it has ever been.

rig: powerbook 12" 867 mhz 256ram(ugh)-firewire 410-access virus indigo- novation k station- novation bass station- live 4.0.1 - reason 2.5-peak 4-etc etc etc etc