New Plugin For Ableton! Lighting , in development

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jprost

Post by jprost » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:14 am

i'm jumpin on the band wagon...(and getting on the response list!)

i'd be willing, and would love to beta test (assuming that i'd have to pay to cover costs etc...) if not, i cannot wait to see the finished product.

j...
p4ht 2.8ghz 1.5mb windowsXPpro
live 5.02 / reason 3.0 / motu 24io

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:01 pm

ava wrote:Having different lighting respond to different tracks within ableton is a new thing...
With all due respect, I beg to differ. I've been doing lighting directly in Live with no additional software or plug-ins for 2 years now, and I'm not the only one.

Yours is the first system to simplify lighting in Live, and it looks promising. Best of luck with it!

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:21 am

edit: error

ava

Post by ava » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:26 am

hambone1 wrote:
ava wrote:Having different lighting respond to different tracks within ableton is a new thing...
With all due respect, I beg to differ. I've been doing lighting directly in Live with no additional software or plug-ins for 2 years now, and I'm not the only one.
Hambone1 how do you detect bass, middle upper middle and high frequency levels? My plugins detect these and send it out on dmx. Using midi to dmx adapters can't do this, my plugins can. Amasing results beyond the bandwidth limitations of midi.(Midi cant work at these speeds)

Ill post a video soon then you will see the diference! :lol:

hambone1, you have multiple lights swinging round, fair enough, but they don't respond to frequency levels as well. just take an mp3 track, add a plugin, set a few levels and instant response! Add to that the step sequencer and the results really are amasing! And new!! :lol:
hambone1 wrote:[Yours is the first system to simplify lighting in Live, and it looks promising. Best of luck with it!
It's not simplified lighting, it's advanced! 8O to be honist hambone1 you just sound spikeful.
Last edited by ava on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

ava

Post by ava » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:31 am

jprost wrote:i'm jumpin on the band wagon...(and getting on the response list!)

i'd be willing, and would love to beta test (assuming that i'd have to pay to cover costs etc...) if not, i cannot wait to see the finished product.

j...
Probably will first release a beta of the software(v0.5) then give a free update to final version 1.0.

The beta will be at full price as our kit also contains a hardware interface.

ava

Post by ava » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:47 am

Heres an updated screenshot, weve included a mini mixer on the step sequencer so can adjust the amplitude of the sequences in real time, just assign a midi controller to a mixer knob and also a low-pass filter for example and when the filter goes down so the the lights. :D

ava

Post by ava » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:48 am

We have not posted a thread on the forum for a while, we had our development machine break down due to computers and smoke machines don't mix too well, effected motherboard and 2 harddrives, luckly we had backup on disks. Anyway were back developing our solution.
Little bit of advice if using smoke machines near computers or amps with fans, cover them up with small amout of tissue to absorb the morture and don't let room fill too much with smoke. :oops: A haze looks great so don't go overboard :oops:

Last time we looked at this post was about 2500 hits, now at 4500 so lots of interest :D

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:19 pm

ava wrote:We have not posted a thread on the forum for a while, we had our development machine break down due to computers and smoke machines don't mix too well, effected motherboard and 2 harddrives, luckly we had backup on disks. Anyway were back developing our solution.
Little bit of advice if using smoke machines near computers or amps with fans, cover them up with small amout of tissue to absorb the morture and don't let room fill too much with smoke. :oops: A haze looks great so don't go overboard :oops:

Last time we looked at this post was about 2500 hits, now at 4500 so lots of interest :D
Haha, I can see it happening! So thats why we havent herd from you in a while! :D Good thing you had a backup!

gmrtech

Abe 7?

Post by gmrtech » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm

So all this developing and so can i expect this to be integrated in Ableton 7?

This would be the best Plugin ever! There are so many mobile dj's who would love syncing video/audio/lights in one app!

The support for this is overwhelming.. i would love this - please get this going! :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:04 pm

In the spirit of healthy competition db audioware is currently in the beta testing phase of their dmx plugin and the main reason I mention this is because it is for both PC and Mac. Macs are too frequently left out so it's nice to see equal focus on both platforms for a change.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:11 pm

Error: loged in as wrong user. Wish to be known as AVA

ava

Post by ava » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:22 pm

We probably won't be releasing our step sequancer plugin as we have not used it for a month and learned it's really hard to use.

Our 8 channel fx vst plugin works great, use on multiple tracks brininging a new level of enjoyment not like other plugin systems in development. It reponds to the music like nothing else(vertical for example). Also use abletons envelope editor to swing to any beat or however you like it. :D Full control using your midi controllers, start/stop swing/ sound response, on/off and more.

Were currently spending our time completing the usb hardware, a full package!

ava

Post by ava » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:37 am

Well, after 2 days with our new motherboard in our development pc it's gone down again, this time it's the power supply, smoke machines and standard pc's don't mix too well :lol:

Your left with a oily residue all over the processor and psu.

WE ONLY RECCOMEND FANLESS PC'S WITH SMOKE MACHINES. IE, FANLESS POWER SUPPLY AND FANLESS PROCESSOR HEATSINK WITH NO CASE FANS.

DO NOT USE LAPTOPS!

Since we wan't to upgrade to widescreen monitor and vista were going to buy a new pc sytem and go fanless instread of a rebuild. :D
Last edited by ava on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ava

Post by ava » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:14 am

Heres a huge list of fanless pc componets :D

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=fanless+pc

ava

Post by ava » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:15 am

Were currently thinking about adding some extra effects to our vst lighting system.

Things like a gate with or without strobe effect at any speed.
And a sort of bpm detector could be usefull too.

If anyone has any more ideas please let us know.

If anyone has any c++ analysis code which could be useful to us then please send me a PM. Please don't post code to this forum thread as I don't want any competion to get hold of it. :D