Leopard & Quatafire 610?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evernaut

Leopard & Quatafire 610?

Post by evernaut » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:07 pm

OK, so a friend lent me his ESI Quatafire 610 firewire s/card since I'm too skint to buy a Motu Ultralite just at the mo..

It works fine on my new Mac mini running OS X 10.4.10, but I'm wondering if this happy state of affairs will continue if I upgrade to Leopard?

Any hard evidence or idle speculation is welcome!

Mark-K.

Post by Mark-K. » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:49 pm

just check the homepage of ESI and have a look at the last driver update..its about 2004 or something..i actualy wonder how you can say that it works fine on your Mini..did you check al channels?cause i had one as well and on my macbook there were only two outputs working...i gave it to the shop and they told me...yer its a proble with intelmacs and stuff like that..and that ESI doesn`T produce the quatafire 610 anymore..so i sold it on ebay two month ago and bought an ECHO Audiofire4 and am so happy right now..
i don`t think the Quatafire will work on Leopard but give it a try..

greez mark

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:54 pm

Ta. Well, I've only used two outputs so far...and they work ok. Guess the only thing I can do is try it I spose...I mean, they didn't officially support Tiger either since drivers stopped with 10.3.

pale1

Post by pale1 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Esi quatafire is actually a great audio interface. I run it bootcamped here, and it work flawlessly. Direct monitoring and buspower enough to run phantom powered mics. Low latency on both OS´, all input and outputs accessible. No drivers needed in mac osx (don´t install the mac qautafire software mixer as it is jumpy)
I don´t use leopard, but since it is natively supported in osx i dont think it would be a problem.
Its not very pretty, but has a nice headroom :D
Enjoy your weekend.
Pale1
Macbook
Rme babyface pro
push 2
Genelec 1030A
Analogue gear
Stuff amassed through time

http://www.soundcloud.com/foss
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsEWQB ... smHhob59Xg

Mark-K.

Post by Mark-K. » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Hmm...then the people in the shop told me shit about my quatafire...but output 3-4 didn`t work at all on my macbook but on a pc it did...i just said this with the drivers to make clear that ESI is not developing on the Quatafire anymore,i know you actualy don`t need drivers on mac osx but anyway..

i gave it in repair and they send it to ESI and send it back to me..and said no issues...i was fucked up to that time..:)so i`m quite happy that i got some money out of it