last poster...and the winner is.......EnjoyRC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:01 pm

far be it from me to endorse institutionalized religion, but it's a shame that the successor to the old religions is often that god of Money. At least with institutionalized religions, as simplistic/naive as they may be, they do potentially encourage people to think of something greater than themselves, rather than getting further bound up in their egos. But ultimately, i just get to the point where i feel you can't blame (or credit) anyone for anything because people are just acting according to their recipe, and are the product of everything that has happened to them. So where's that therapy couch???

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:46 pm

forge wrote:All I could think as I was 'coming back' from whatever parallel universe I'd momentarily dunked myself into was that my mate who gave me the stuff had tricked me into some alien 'truth' cult by letting me in on the great unknown secret, the bastard, I didn't want to know shit like that!
Who needs crap like that when trying to get a grip with actually living in this bizarre world.
Yes! THAT's the fucked-up difficult thing, and the reason why i don't want to partake of any more... ahem...interdimensional education, ie. the things you can find in that state aren't necessarily uplifting or good for continued sanity when back in this place and 'time', and dammit I'd like to enjoy myself, even if i am a battery (or a toy human for some 4th-dimensional reptile's science fair project.)

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:01 pm

Moonburnt wrote:far be it from me to endorse institutionalized religion, but it's a shame that the successor to the old religions is often that god of Money. At least with institutionalized religions, as simplistic/naive as they may be, they do potentially encourage people to think of something greater than themselves, rather than getting further bound up in their egos. But ultimately, i just get to the point where i feel you can't blame (or credit) anyone for anything because people are just acting according to their recipe, and are the product of everything that has happened to them. So where's that therapy couch???
true - at least there are things in religious texts about trying to at least be a decent human being - but even then, sadly alot of that was about making people easier to control. Thinks like fear are powerful control weapons - look at how proudly it's getting thrown about now that they've found a new enemy in terrorism.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:04 pm

Moonburnt wrote:
forge wrote:All I could think as I was 'coming back' from whatever parallel universe I'd momentarily dunked myself into was that my mate who gave me the stuff had tricked me into some alien 'truth' cult by letting me in on the great unknown secret, the bastard, I didn't want to know shit like that!
Who needs crap like that when trying to get a grip with actually living in this bizarre world.
Yes! THAT's the fucked-up difficult thing, and the reason why i don't want to partake of any more... ahem...interdimensional education, ie. the things you can find in that state aren't necessarily uplifting or good for continued sanity when back in this place and 'time', and dammit I'd like to enjoy myself, even if i am a battery (or a toy human for some 4th-dimensional reptile's science fair project.)
very wise - I cannot discourage the use of Salvia enough - sure it works for some people (like the mate who introduced me) but I wouldn't wish what I endured on my worst enemy. It still stays with me.

loophead

Post by loophead » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Why did you knuckheads destroy this thread praising the king ?

And Forge, if you have 'friends' who slip you drugs without you consenting, they are NOT friends. I suggest hanging with a better class of people !
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:41 pm

:oops: I think it might have been me that sent it off in a mildly different direction.

Um..........long live the King!

:lol:

head

just in time...!

Post by head » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:41 pm

Well, boys and girls, I happen to be the king and I want to be talking about these very things on this thread.
While I am not forgetting the nature of this forum, There has been a real need for a small actual exchange of opinions - as opposed to "ideology" or "belief" or anything of similar rigidity - and it's not altogether unrelated to writing music, is it now.
one cannot always, indefinitely and endlessly write about nothing after all!
;)
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:48 pm

And there was I thinking that EnjoyRC was the newly crowned monarch of the beta forum.

Shoulda known better I spose. :roll:

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:08 am

didn't mean to steal the kings' thread, personally i have time in my life for one forum, so ableton ends up being my source of info about anything from new plugins to new music to psychedelic encounters to who the new king is, to <gasp> even ableton live itself! I reckon that's good tho, makes it more genuine than if it were just a tech-tips place.

long live enjoyRC, your free lifetime supply of Live updates should be coming soon. 8)

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:35 am

Martyn wrote:And there was I thinking that EnjoyRC was the newly crowned monarch of the beta forum.
Moonburnt wrote:long live enjoyRC, your free lifetime supply of Live updates should be coming soon.
I'm still on my thrown. And, I'm happy to receive this gracious gift of life time updates. Or should it be LIVE time updates? :) I've unrolled my scroll and studied it very well. I'm aware of all of my sworn duties and plan to fullfill all of them daily.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

forge

Post by forge » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:42 pm

Martyn wrote::oops: I think it might have been me that sent it off in a mildly different direction.

:lol:
Martyn, the fault is entirely mine! All you did was mention 'something positive in these shitty times' and I was away - one (or even 2?) of my late night dejected rants for all you poor unsuspecting fools who thought you were going to keep on topic.

Like moonburnt said -
"personally i have time in my life for one forum, so ableton ends up being my source of info about anything from new plugins to new music to psychedelic encounters to who the new king is, to <gasp> even ableton live itself! I reckon that's good tho, makes it more genuine than if it were just a tech-tips place. "
my sentiments exactly, so what if it's slightly unhealthy even disturbing.

we are a new breed in the evolutionary process, the 21st century homo sapiens sapiens who communicate via arthritis giving crude input devices with the computer talk-bot-o-tron internet to other similar placed beings...

in a few thousand years if we carry on we'll look like those roswell aliens with long typing fingers and massive heads and eyes to closely observe pixelated graphics, and almost non-existant, redundant bodies from sitting on our arses withering away - or getting fatter - maybe there are fat roswell aliens out there, they just cant fit into the spaceships

See! When it comes to Off-topic - I AM the king.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:11 pm

Maybe by then Ableton will have made some XXXXXXXL T-shirts to fit some of our American friends. :wink:

head

Post by head » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:57 pm

Martyn wrote:And there was I thinking that EnjoyRC was the newly crowned monarch of the beta forum.
Shoulda known better I spose. :roll:
...figure o'speech, of course...taking nothing away from RC, but we all are kings, really.
:!:
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc