8 bit, spring and plate reverbs

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
downfader

8 bit, spring and plate reverbs

Post by downfader » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:47 am

OK, first let me explain.. years back I tried and heard various reverb units that used some kind of 8 bit architecture. Sounded bloody amazing and very musical. Now for the life of me I cant create the effect (well not without hogging cpu usage I have to say) inside Live. There was an old Yamaha rack reverb with sliders years back that souded great with that kind of architecture.

It'd be cool to have a simple reverb, with a "switch" for 4, 8 and 12bits and maybe a max of 22khz sampling rate. No dithering or chorus options, just size, spread, pre and tail.

I also would like to add how cool it would be to just have a simple plate and spring reverb pluggins inside Live. I've said it before and I'll say it again. :D Simplicity is the key here I reckon. :D

kineticUk

Re: 8 bit, spring and plate reverbs

Post by kineticUk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:26 am

downfader wrote:I also would like to add how cool it would be to just have a simple plate and spring reverb pluggins inside Live. I've said it before and I'll say it again. :D Simplicity is the key here I reckon. :D
Yeah I would like the some basic plate and spring verbs too.
I have never heard the reverb you refer to but I like Lofi and low sample/bitrate, it sounds great. Can we get anything near this using the redux plug (wonder if ableton have any plans for improving this? I would use it a lot but I find my other bitcrushers sound better and have more sound options)
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

downfader

Re: 8 bit, spring and plate reverbs

Post by downfader » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:38 am

kineticUk wrote:
downfader wrote:I also would like to add how cool it would be to just have a simple plate and spring reverb pluggins inside Live. I've said it before and I'll say it again. :D Simplicity is the key here I reckon. :D
Yeah I would like the some basic plate and spring verbs too.
I have never heard the reverb you refer to but I like Lofi and low sample/bitrate, it sounds great. Can we get anything near that using the redux plug ?
You can imo but its a labour using the audio rack. I also found that the reverb needs to be in mid or high quality settings for best effect and eq'd.

I might set one up and do a screengrab or something later if I get the chance.

roby

Post by roby » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:08 am

it would be great to have a dedicated "lo-fi" reverb plugin. that's something i've always wished for, not just in Live but in the VST world in general. something in the same vein as Ariesverb but more outrageous.

but i mut say that it is extremely fun tryng to patch and route your own lo-fi, crazy reverb using racks, etc. try putting an instance of dblue Glitch or a Buffer Override after a reverb effect

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:39 am

spring would be amazing. but resonator does a fairly good job