offline, i am borderline

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
cennay

offline, i am borderline

Post by cennay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Hello,

quite new to live excellent music tool and you know it. To make it short, just a question.

I was sampling some nasty joy division stuff, then worked on it for quite a day and then saved it. Now all the samples are in white, this stupid offline written on it. I checked on the manual but couldn't find any info. Borderline

Why is that so? Can I have my work back?

Thanks folks!

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:24 am

When you edit the file in another program the sample is taken offline. (dunno why it would be offline if you didn't edit but anyway)

Go into the file project manager thing by choosing - File - Manage Files or Project (cannot remember exactly not in front of Live)
    You should see all the samples that your project contains in the browser on the right.
    You need to click on the edit button again. (next to the file in question)
    This brings the file back "online"
    MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

cennay

Post by cennay » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:42 am

ok thanks i'll try!

what is weird is that i didn't edit it in another programme, juste took the file from the disc and edited it on live.

weird...

anyway thanks mate

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

cennay wrote: what is weird is that i didn't edit it in another programme, juste took the file from the disc and edited it on live.
    I don't think Live saves audio if you have taken it from a removable medium like a CD or USB stick. If you remove the CD/stick then the next time Live tries to find it, it can't and the offline message comes up.

What you need to do next time is 'collect all and save' in the main file menu before your remove the disk. This will store the relevant audio files in your Live project folder.

To get them all back, I guess you will simply need to put the original disk back into your drive and hope that Live can find them again.

cennay

Post by cennay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks everybody,

sorry to take so much time but i didn't had time to try it before just now

and it works.

I am your serviteur...