Any non-Ableton 'User' sites on the net yet?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
StompyJ

Any non-Ableton 'User' sites on the net yet?

Post by StompyJ » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:39 am

Are there any sites yet that have been created by users that deal with Live yet?
no longer needed. this is for you. you know who you are.

ryst

Post by ryst » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:02 pm

Are there any sites yet that have been created by users that deal with Live yet?
I am going to have my own website soon. I would love to set up a forum for Live users. I will let you know more info tomorrow.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:00 am

i'm in the process of finalizing liveuser.org at the moment. it will, at first, just provide weekly tutorials, though i hope to add more features in the future (remix contests, preset sharing, etc.). anyone who is interested in writing some tutorials should drop me a line.

k

forge

Post by forge » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:03 pm

dirtystudios wrote:i'm in the process of finalizing liveuser.org at the moment. it will, at first, just provide weekly tutorials, though i hope to add more features in the future (remix contests, preset sharing, etc.). anyone who is interested in writing some tutorials should drop me a line.

k
hey dirtystudios

- any thoughts on hosting live sets or live radio - I was talking with Loophead and Rx on here recently about trying to organise something - ultimately Live radio. It would be such a good thing to have that it would be really worth trying to get off the ground - preferably with the help of ableton

StompyJ

Post by StompyJ » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:11 pm

All of this sounds awesome guys, I'd like to help with all of these ideas.

I think its really important to have a place where we can show HOW people are using live, and what they're doing with it. I think Live has teh potential to spawn some really interesting new ways of synthesizing DJaying and Live PAing.
no longer needed. this is for you. you know who you are.

Nick Maxwell

Post by Nick Maxwell » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:16 pm

I couldn't agree with this more. This is the one thing that is missing from the Live internet community: A diversity of sites to visit. As much as I love the Ableton main site, I would like to see other capable people put together sites with varying focus, such as tutorials, forums, Live Radio, etc. I will help in any way I can. Perhaps a tutorial or two. :)

- Nick

ryst

Post by ryst » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:02 pm

I still don't have any more news on my Live users forum. I am waiting for an important phone call that will give me an idea on when it could be up. I will definitley keep everyone here posted and this will be my first time as a moderator so it should be fun! I will do my best to keep the ignorant negative posts to a minimum, also. More news soon!

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:02 am

forge wrote: hey dirtystudios

- any thoughts on hosting live sets or live radio - I was talking with Loophead and Rx on here recently about trying to organise something - ultimately Live radio. It would be such a good thing to have that it would be really worth trying to get off the ground - preferably with the help of ableton
well, that sounds like a good idea and i'd love to do something like that at somepoint. pretty soon though, time will not be my biggest commodity (due to school). i wouldn't want to commit to anything if i wasn't sure i could make good on it. that and i know nothing of setting up internet radio stuff.

i'm hoping that having a weekly tutorial site will be within my means. i don't want to bite off more than i can chew. i'm starting small, and if it works out, then i'll start thinking about adding on other things like live radio.

k