Calling all Live6 Trigger Finger users!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bassic Dave

Calling all Live6 Trigger Finger users!!

Post by Bassic Dave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:34 am

If your listnin'... help!

Can anybody get the dump button to work in the midi preferences to work? It sure would be nice to have those 8 encoders controlling my macros.
"Without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave." - G.I. Gurdjieff

www.myspace.com/8118beats

DJ VAKIS

Post by DJ VAKIS » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 am

Good man,i hope we get some help.
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.

Bassic Dave

Post by Bassic Dave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:28 am

yeah, from the silence i think most people must be using automap with the TF no prob, maybe were the only suckers that cant figure it out :(
"Without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave." - G.I. Gurdjieff

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:11 am

nope, we just use enigma to load factory preset 1 back onto the TF and then Live works as it says ;)

Bassic Dave

Post by Bassic Dave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:43 am

man, i tell ya

nothing but bad-ass electronic music producers and geniuses in australia.
Thanks. :)

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:51 am

haha, no problem, glad it helped.

...however, this will cost you one beatport track :evil:

stine13

Post by stine13 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:01 am

timothyallan wrote:nope, we just use enigma to load factory preset 1 back onto the TF and then Live works as it says ;)
Would you mind explaining in more detail ? How in Enigma do you load the factory preset 1 ? And how does it load in Ableton 6 ? And what exactly does it do for you , like does it load up preset buttons ? Thanks

Bassic Dave

Post by Bassic Dave » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 am

In enigma, you load up preset 1 i think its GM-something and push the double arrows putton to transfer it to the TF. On the tf you hit the preset change button and hit pad 1. In ableton, you select the TF as an automap supported device and select usb audio device or trigger finger as the in and out. Thats it. Make sure to read the live lessons on the help tab in live about how the TF maps to all of abletons effects and instruments.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:58 am

are you using windows xp? can you even get a communication with the usb port in enigma?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

stine13

Post by stine13 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 am

Bassic Dave wrote:In enigma, you load up preset 1 i think its GM-something and push the double arrows putton to transfer it to the TF. On the tf you hit the preset change button and hit pad 1. In ableton, you select the TF as an automap supported device and select usb audio device or trigger finger as the in and out. Thats it. Make sure to read the live lessons on the help tab in live about how the TF maps to all of abletons effects and instruments.

So from the pictures in Ableton it looks like all it maps is the sliders and knobs and not the drum pads ?

Bassic Dave

Post by Bassic Dave » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Yeah, doesnt map to the pads, but the pads you can assign manually to the scene up/scene down buttons for clip navigation, or assign them individually to trigger clips, or use them for impulse. It also only maps the leftmost slider to the master volume, so you can assign the other sliders to your little hearts content. :D
I like to use them to control return tracks.
Good luck and have fun.

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Excuse me if this is a basic question but I'm kinda new to all this midi mapping etc & midi full stop. So is it possible to map pads on the TF to turn effects on & off? If so how do you do it? I tried to map a few pads to turn on & off effects although it may orignally light up to say the effect is on as soon as you take any pressure off the pad the effect goes off.
Thanks
MBP 2.5ghz 4gb + Live 8.2.1 (Suite)

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:09 pm

bump.
MBP 2.5ghz 4gb + Live 8.2.1 (Suite)

Cee.DoubleBass

Post by Cee.DoubleBass » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 pm

But is it not possible to assign the pads to the drumslots in impulse? I want to use Trigger finger to play and record drums. Is there any possibility? :? javascript:emoticon(':?')
Live 5.0.2, FW410, IBook G4 1,33 Ghz, OSX 10.3.4.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:10 pm

resonatorman wrote:Excuse me if this is a basic question but I'm kinda new to all this midi mapping etc & midi full stop. So is it possible to map pads on the TF to turn effects on & off? If so how do you do it? I tried to map a few pads to turn on & off effects although it may orignally light up to say the effect is on as soon as you take any pressure off the pad the effect goes off.
Thanks
set the TF to send midi CC and note notes. then the effect will be on when you press, off when you let go.

in enigma set the note to 255 (turning it off) and then set a cc with the field below (which represents aftertouch).

as far as impulses go, TF preset 10 is impulses i believe.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com