Fixed Length Loop Recording

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
citrik

Fixed Length Loop Recording

Post by citrik » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:56 pm

Hi,

It would be nice to have Live automatically grab a loop of fixed duration. This could be as simple as setting a value, in prefs, that is the number of bars to record for. It's time consuming to make loop samples of other equipment in my studio that's exactly 1,2,4,8 etc bars long. Maybe also as a pref you could set if it stops, continues in play, or records into the next cell down, once it hits the specified number of bars.

Thanks

Gavin Cook

vandeloow

Post by vandeloow » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:46 pm

bump

me too

monolake

fixed length rcording

Post by monolake » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:08 pm

... it is on our list. unfortunately it will not make it into the next release, but we are working on more sophisitcated solutions for loop recording in a live situation and it will come !

robert henke
ableton

citrik

fixed length rcording

Post by citrik » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:34 pm

Cool!

Thanks for the reply!

Gavin
-CitrikSystems-
-minimaltechno-

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:04 am

you can do this with quantization of the ending of the loop recording.

joshcarter

Post by joshcarter » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:you can do this with quantization of the ending of the loop recording.
My experience even with quantization set to "bar" is that I get a lot of 3-bar 3-beat loops (instead of 4-0) when trying to record on the fly. (This is after the 1.5.1 update, too.) I like the original suggestion, so I wouldn't have to worry about hitting "stop record" at exactly the right time. But if monolake says he's got a better idea going in Ableton's secret labs, I'm all for that!

-Josh