Updates for 6

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Cryptic UK

Updates for 6

Post by Cryptic UK » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:05 pm

Anymore updates/bug fixes on the way for live 6?

ableton?
Drums

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 pm

Yeah ableton will there be another bug fix for this ?
Live 7 looks well (lets be honest) like Live 6 and Live 5 but I have gotten sick of paying you every year for a couple of new features and the thought of going through that rubbish update cycle again (6.0 or 6.buggyshite then 6.0.5 then 6.0.11. How about counting the normal way like everyone else? 1 2 3 4 5 etc. What you trying to fool the world into thinking you actually update your software often enough ? You charge us for the proper bug fixes you assholes.
And start cleaning up your general forum its a fucking disgrace.. if I were you I'd be embarrassed (EVILEVILEVILEVIL. Oh fuck right off you blah merchant)
WTF is wrong with this picture ???
Be honest ableton, your soul has left the building, and your focus is on the fake users who shout shit on the general forum, kiss your ass and spoon feed your over inflated ego by the hour. Your software isn't that good..thats right people were making better tunes way before you came along, so don't kid yourself.
You have never addressed that horrible arrangement page of yours in what three versions ? There's not enough improvements and not enough time devoted to each version. Shame on you (And your stupid american voice over, sell outs). Get rich quick or die trying ?? Thats your game right.
The money I have spent on this and I get a year !!! 1 stinkin year and I'm meant to give you more money, you can fuck off.
Sorry for all this language but its daylight robbery, your update policy stinks of corporate waste and the new pricing policy is a piss take. £20 knocked off the full Live price for already owning Sampler.. what ?? Are you taking the piss ?
You have lost the plot now ableton. Its all a bit weak and I'm not buying it.

Give us another update because we're worth it and because you've had enough money off us for a while. At least for another year you understand.

Sincerely,

Not one of the muggy little cunt's off the general forum. (Yeah I don't like you either its all mutual feelings and stuff)

PS. I like ableton support team. They are about the only thing that I don't want to criticize. Ok them and the unpaid under-appreciated beta testers (Peeedro for example).

PS. Don't talk to me when you read this. I don't care.
Last edited by kineticUk on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

djastroboy

Post by djastroboy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:30 pm

kineticUk wrote: Live 7 looks well (lets be honest) like Live 6 and Live 5 but I have gotten sick of paying you every year for a couple of new features and the thought of going through that rubbish update cycle again (6.0 or 6.buggyshite then 6.0.5 then 6.0.11. How about counting the normal way like everyone else? 1 2 3 4 5 etc.
I dunno. To me it's worth $US100 per year even if it was just to keep the company from going under so I don't have to learn a new DAW.

If you want to get off the update for money treadmill you'd have to go Open Source, which I would love, but it's not quite there yet. Maybe XO will help someday.

dextroc

Post by dextroc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Well, someone's right pissed. I paid for the whole ableton suite, only owning sampler and the essential instrument collection and paid just over $300 with a good $515 discount. I couldn't say I'm unhappy with that deal. Live 7 has shitloads of cool new features in my opinion well worth the buy, especially with all the new instruments.
Besides, the whole purpose of companies is to make more money!!! If they would give away upgrades for years they'd be looking at a situation where they can't afford to employ people to work on upgrading the software. I have upgraded twice now since 2005 and I've not really regretted it. It's actually saving money, as it keeps me inside during weekends, rather than going to bars, pissing on street corners and fuck all.

I, for one, am content!
Yup...
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz, Ableton Live Suite 8, Max/MSP/Jitter, TC Konnekt 24d, Remote SL 25, Monome, joysticks, music boxes, harps, guitars, whatever...

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:59 pm

dextroc wrote:I, for one, am content!
I am (with what I got now) and tbh I'm happy for you (Cause u don't sound like a knobhead, good for you blud) ... stay away from the general forum its EVILEVILEVILEVILEVILEVIL blah !!!
Understand I got one opinion (this) and feel I should/have to vent it (I paid so that I can say what I want and hey its a better read than 95% of that toss on the general forum)
Take it easy whether you update or not.
Loving my paycheck right now, loving the realization that I'm not gonna be giving this update a single penny.
Its not good enough this time, it wasn't good enough (with hindsight) last time, it was a fucking disgrace the time before that, lets see whether its good enough next time.

See ya.

kineticUk

Re: Updates for 6

Post by kineticUk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:34 am

Cryptic UK wrote:Anymore updates/bug fixes on the way for live 6?

ableton?

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Yeah, it would be very stand up of Ableton to do what they can for 6 users not upgrading to 7. I'm definitely waiting a minute 'til some of the dust clears before I upgrade. I spent all day reading the comments here and elsewhere to see what's what. I need it to work flawlessly with my old sets. I need to know that my library will stay intact without a bunch work arounds. I love the new features...it's cool that Ableton wants to keep raising the bar for the platform but, maybe every two years wouldn't feel like such a burn. There are things in 6 that really should be fixed as free upgrades...e.g. cpu spikes, midi jitter, first midi note not playing, loss of compatibility with certain NI plugins. Some of these I hear have been fixed in 7.

So, Ableton...
Is there any chance any of those fixes can be put in a Live 6 free upgrade?

TroyP

Post by TroyP » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Me too, on the "first MIDI note not playing." I'd really appreciate a ver 6 fix to that. In fact, anything that doesn't work the way it should must be fixed. I know there is a balance between making money, making new versions, and features, but I also really believe in good quality products...and I believe the Abletons do too.

Actually, I think Live 7 is great and all, but I only actually use a sliver of what Live 6 can do. Only things I really wish I had are:

1. The fixes pushtobreak mentions above.
2. The ability to automatically change time signature.

All the other stuff is wonderful, and I would pay for most of it (some I would never use), but I don't really need it. Having just purchased ver. 6 this year, I can wait for the next time an upgrade happens.