Live 7 definitely needs flying plugin windows

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:30 am

Hey k9's sup,

I'm not really that bothered about this feature being added and you can forget about them adding it in Live 7 cause its already been released. Right so it came out today and Scott, Kevin and Sammy bought a copy... so we are probably already at version 7.0.3. Once the Lite version needs M-Audio-ization that will take us to what 7.0.27 ?
See now its Live 8 time, this time it includes a cock enlarger and some lubricunt.
They are corporate cyber-gays, they want to butt rape your bank balance. In return for your shit you'll get another 12 months of their shit.

I'm not gonna buy Live 7 (Sorry I just love the sound of that ...)

Bye
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

roby

Post by roby » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:38 am

well, it seems to me that they should implement something to combat this little annoyance as soon as they can, because not being able to use the spectrum analyzer in such way is a bit half-assed... sort like not being able to turn off a TV unless you pull off the plug from the wall :lol:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:13 am

roby wrote:well, it seems to me that they should implement something to combat this little annoyance as soon as they can, because not being able to use the spectrum analyzer in such way is a bit half-assed... sort like not being able to turn off a TV unless you pull off the plug from the wall :lol:
well you could always run two instance of live, one with one track with monitor on and a spectrum, and the other instance with your song/work, sending to the spectrum one.

:roll:

ilia

Post by ilia » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:00 am

I don't see how having flying plugin windows breaks Live's GUI paradigm -- we already have mutiple flying VST-plugin windows (which is a great feature). An undocking piano roll is really needer as well...)

roby

Post by roby » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:08 pm

friend_kami wrote:
roby wrote:well, it seems to me that they should implement something to combat this little annoyance as soon as they can, because not being able to use the spectrum analyzer in such way is a bit half-assed... sort like not being able to turn off a TV unless you pull off the plug from the wall :lol:
well you could always run two instance of live, one with one track with monitor on and a spectrum, and the other instance with your song/work, sending to the spectrum one.

really? doesn't seem that cpu efficient but i'll try it

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:35 am

roby wrote:
friend_kami wrote:

really? doesn't seem that cpu efficient but i'll try it
I think he was being sarcastic ;)

roby

Post by roby » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:31 am

oh great... cpu death by sarcaaaasm

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:54 am

roby wrote:oh great... cpu death by sarcaaaasm
Just get this. It's better and free: http://www.voxengo.com/product/SPAN/

roby

Post by roby » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:59 am

yeah, that's what i use...

breakphreak

Post by breakphreak » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:31 pm

+1
Especially on Master or any side-chained channel. Or... any submix that ivolve a couple of interconnected Return channels. Or... there is a plenty of use cases as you might see. In fact, working with physical console always have all the displays available, why not have kinda "lock" option for any ableton window, so that if one "sticks" it - it won't disappear while switching to another track.