Ableton Suite: Thanks for listening to us :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sqook

Ableton Suite: Thanks for listening to us :)

Post by sqook » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm surprised that more people didn't jump on this issue right away... but I was pleased to see that the Abes are now offering the EIC, and all of the instruments in a single bundle at a pretty reasonable price. I was a bit concerned to see the announcement of 3 new synths, each originally to be sold separately, but I think the Suite is a pretty good deal.

Now, let's queue up the "but logic 8 is still cheaper/better/cooler" trolls. :)

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeah i was actually, thinking the same thing.. When i first saw the packages they were offering, i thought i would just do 6 -7. Now, looking at the price of the upgrades, i am tempted to save up for the whole suite.

Infact, yes i will upgrade to the suite.
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:48 pm

DiGiTaLFX

Post by DiGiTaLFX » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Does anyone know, if I bought Live 7 Update tonight, could I then update this to Ableton Suite say at xmas? Or am I best off just waiting (looking into my savings ;))

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:18 pm

I WOL'ed (wowed out loud) when I saw the price, omfg, it's it's it's REASONABLE!! I'm a fanboy and have had the money earmarked but even then I was considering holding off on some parts of the package. I'm looking forward to playing with those new drums, I quite liked the dynamics of the session drums. not to mention the new plug-ins. :D
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nolus

Post by nolus » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Just had a chance to play with the demo for the first time. started working through some of the pad sounds in Analogue and my hand is already reaching towards my credit card.

Had a play with the new sidechain gate as well using a drum pattern to chop up the pad.

Then tried a few of the sounds in Electric, very nice indeed. now sending it to a ping pong delay using the side chain copressor to duck the echoes till the e piano sound starts to decay.

Help I'm being absorbed!
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:23 pm

I am not buying it.

Bye.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Yeah, I'm going for the whole kit n' kabootle too.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 pm

and thus fanboy syndrome took hold of the land...

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:31 pm

Being extremely indecisive about abletons products has actually done me a favor in this case. I sold operator and sampler individually for a combined 140 bucks recently. But I just went ahead and bought the download suite for 339, meaning that it ended up costing me 200 overall. So really, 80 bucks for analog, tension, electric and drum machines. Not bad at all. Everyone got a good deal and ableton even made more money off me for selling them, since the other guys never would have bought those two instruments for the full price.

You gotta appreciate ableton's transfer policy, and the ease with which their products can change hands. It's very fair for customers.

Can't wait to get home and download. :D
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:08 am

I got Live 7 today, plain and simple. But if id change my mind and decide to get the instruments of the new suite, the shop won't let me do it... is there a way?
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 am

Yeah I'm debating it.
Honestly I have Logic and Komplete 5, since way back, so nothing in the suite is necessary for me, but the price is good if you want the manual, which I do.

So.....

Full suite $459 minus the price of the boxed upgrade version($159) = $300 for five instruments plus four libraries.

Download suite $339 + $39 box version, minus $159 again = $219 for five instruments and 1 library.

I'm tempted to buy the Full suite, but I probably wouldn't load the sample libraries, except the drum machines, and even them I don't need them.

Blah, I'm probably going to just get the 7 upgrade boxed version. It's far too silly for me to lust after more instruments when I have the collection I have, Waldorf Edition, Komplete 5, Zebra, Symptohm.....

My big fear is Ableton integrates it's own plug ins with little regard to crashing issues in VST/AU instruments because they at least offer a stable suite.... :arrow:

psychohagis

Post by psychohagis » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:22 pm

abletoff wrote:I got Live 7 today, plain and simple. But if id change my mind and decide to get the instruments of the new suite, the shop won't let me do it... is there a way?
Yh i have a similar problem, i downloaded the free upgrade to live 7 that I had. Before i downloaded the upgrade to live 7, on the upgrades page i had the option to upgrade from live 6 (with free upgrade to 7) to ableton suite for 329eur. However now i have downloaded live 7, it does not give me the option to upgrade to suite - whats the difference between technically owning 7 but not downloading it yet, and then downloading it.
Theres no way im paying 700eur for ableton suite now, I dont wanna pay for live again.

Somethings gone wrong here and ableton need to fix it - either that or they are absolute bastards and will only let you get a cheap upgrade if you do it straight away.

I was gonna wait a few weeks untill i had some more money and upgrade to ableton suite. I was very impressed with ableton so far, now my oppions starting to take a downward turn.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm

kineticUk wrote:I am not buying it.

Bye.
Now there's a fucking surprise.

-M

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm

My Live 7 upgrade was paid. I got 6 for free after buying 5. Maybe in a while I will have the money to get the instruments, which I used in the beta and like very much. There should be a bundle price of sort...
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)