I can't Believe that Evil Knievel Died

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stale bread

I can't Believe that Evil Knievel Died

Post by stale bread » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:39 pm

it's just a strange thing, for me he has just always been there, I've had all the toys made after him, watched all of his shows, and have always been a big fan of his, in a way he always stood for invincibilty, the overcoming of obstacles, and taking no shit.
it's sad that he is gone.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/75 ... &GT1=10637
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:43 pm

"I think he lived 20 years longer than most people would have" after so many injuries, said his son Kelly Knievel, 47. "I think he willed himself into an extra five or six years."

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:46 pm

werd ...thats exactly what i mean. his will was like iron, you could see it on his face. nobody was going to ever make him believe something wasn't possible. I loved that about him.

jez3122

Re: I can't Believe that Evil Knievel Died

Post by jez3122 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:50 pm

stale bread wrote:it's just a strange thing, for me he has just always been there, I've had all the toys made after him, watched all of his shows, and have always been a big fan of his, in a way he always stood for invincibilty, the overcoming of obstacles, and taking no shit.
it's sad that he is gone.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/75 ... &GT1=10637
+1 It upset me when i heard today....He's was a legend :cry:
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:15 pm

About 1970 I had a Schwinn Stingray with a 3 foot sissy bar, a peace sign hanging from it, slick tires and a couple of playing cards with cloths pins in the spokes. Me and my hood mates made these insane jumps with plywood and cinder blocks. We did this all the time and pissed off our mothers with a ton of cuts and scrapes and a few broken bones. All this was inspired by Knievel 8)

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Since we are on a nostalgia trip and props to EK cos that guy did some crazy shit and not even now is there anyone that comes close to the crazy shit Knieval would do...

I remember getting these for Xmas during the early 70's..

And this was the only action figure/doll that I had... Fuck GI Joe EK was way cooler...

MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:26 pm

fuck yeah... dude he even had me doin stunts with out a bike, jumping across buildings and shit, it was all Knievel

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:28 pm

:cry:
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*tug*

8O

*splOoOoge*
spreader of butter

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 pm

I feel like it's important to remember people like this, they just don't mak'em like Evel anymore. thats some real type superhero shit right there!

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 pm

stale bread wrote:fuck yeah... dude he even had me doin stunts with out a bike, jumping across buildings and shit, it was all Knievel
Same here we use to have BMX's the ones with the full on suspension front and rear that weighed like 50lbs... We would set up jumps and then jump over our friends sans helmet... Come to thnk of it my mom must of just freaked to herself watching this... I don't even see kids do that anymore they are too busy with video games instead of doing the real thing or the parents are over protective...

I already have it planned for my son that instead of video games we will be out jumping on our bikes...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:03 pm

cosmosuave wrote:Since we are on a nostalgia trip and props to EK cos that guy did some crazy shit and not even now is there anyone that comes close to the crazy shit Knieval would do...

And this was the only action figure/doll that I had... Fuck GI Joe EK was way cooler...

Shit man i had that Bike with Evel on it!!!!
i couldn't get the bastard to wheelie like my dad could.... but i loved that thing!!! :)
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

4ace

Post by 4ace » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:23 pm

jez3122 wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:Since we are on a nostalgia trip and props to EK cos that guy did some crazy shit and not even now is there anyone that comes close to the crazy shit Knieval would do...

Shit man i had that Bike with Evel on it!!!!
i couldn't get the bastard to wheelie like my dad could.... but i loved that thing!!! :)
LMAO...Look at the haircut on that blonde kid.....funny shit right there
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2Gb
OS X.5.7 | MOTU Ultralite | Live 8 | Ableton Drum Machine's | Addictive Drums | Conectiv+ Torq | Ms. Pinky | AudioDamage

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 am

damn... at least his suffering's over, sounds like his last years were spent in pain.

KnotKranky - I had the SAME bike, it was my first, but without the shifter and for me it was around '76. jumping home made ramps, all that, scabbed knees and elbows were a constant. helmets weren't even a consideration, funny how times have changed.

same with that windup motorcycle, some kid on the block had one, very cool.

that's what I remember the most about that time, Evil Knievel, bikes and KISS.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:29 am

Uncle Knievel was the best trance music producer in the family. He will be missed.