[TheCovertOperators] Surgical Tools for Operator out now!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:40 am

Just had tons of issues, including losing my card bus ($300 replacement) and then no longer having 6ms latency, or even 12, and no other firewire interfaces worked either...

Time to send back and get a desktop. I'm even considering a Mac *cringe*

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:48 am

Sell the kid and get a laptop, don't give up on the dream.

Fine, get a Mac, but I thought the gay jokes were played out, maybe not. Macs do *look* better in Starbucks. You'll loose a lot of your plug ins if you go gay, I mean Mac.

Threadjack!! Macs SUCK DONKEY DICK!! AND THEN THEY CRASH.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:00 am

I need a computer with a PCI slot, so the Mac's not an option. Also, you're right, all my plugs would ostracize me for being gay.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:39 pm

A small tip for all the users of this Live Pack who upgraded to Live 7:

A new High Quality Anti-Aliasing mode has been added to the Operator.
In most cases you will hardly notice any difference.

But when you use it on sounds that have a harsh edge when played in a high pitch, you might hear a dramatic difference. In the case of some sounds, this mode will remove the lower frequency tones that appear in high pitched sounds.

You can activate this mode by selecting it from the menu that appears when you right-click the Operator Title Bar.

It is a nice feature that will get you "more bang for the buck" out of any collection of Operator presets you have.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:20 pm

hoffman2k wrote:A small tip for all the users of this Live Pack who upgraded to Live 7:

A new High Quality Anti-Aliasing mode has been added to the Operator.
In most cases you will hardly notice any difference.

But when you use it on sounds that have a harsh edge when played in a high pitch, you might hear a dramatic difference. In the case of some sounds, this mode will remove the lower frequency tones that appear in high pitched sounds.

You can activate this mode by selecting it from the menu that appears when you right-click the Operator Title Bar.

It is a nice feature that will get you "more bang for the buck" out of any collection of Operator presets you have.
Further note - beware of using the alias-free option on percussive and drum noises. Many of those sounds rely on a noisy, even aliased, attack, which you will lose a little with the alias-free option. If you're using alias-free, or if you've created a new instance of Operator in L7 where the default is to have alias-free ON, and you miss the punch in your drums, just turn it off and hear the difference.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Kickass tip Neb :D

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:40 pm

Hey Cov-Ops =

I would really love (and pay for) an Operator Pack of just drum presets.

I know kicks are easy, but different types of snares, cymbals, toms, ect..

Especially different types of snares (909/808/Etc..).

I've been using Operator in Drum racks, makes an awesome machine!

FYI - For Uniformity, I've been using macros like so (Volume is mapped to the Drum Rack macros, and I use my BCR for panning, Volume, FX send, etc..):

Tune
Decay
Timbre (Filter cutoff or other adjustment)
Mod Amount (Env or Other Modulator Amount)
Mod Time (Decay or LFO)
Velocity To Time
Velocity To Mod Amount
Velocity To Volume

I know it's not ideal, but you've only got 8 macros and I decided to dedicate 3 to velocity expression...
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Good request. I'll +1 that!

Also, Kodama, as a vegan, don't you wish all signs were this clear?

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Ha!

The asian store here has soy gizzards....

One in Dallas had an entire soy lobster, with legs, etc...

Yeah...
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Oh, and I should say that I would prefer the presets without effects, just a single operator!

Moody

Post by Moody » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Am I missing something? I don't see this on the site.....
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 pm

It looks like their products are sorted backwards - and this is on the 2nd page..

Moody

Post by Moody » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:35 pm

Thanks!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.