Easter Eggs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kabuki

Easter Eggs?

Post by kabuki » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:08 pm

So I purchased L7 (for the grouped soloing).

I never touched the beta (couldn't care enough to bother).

I was hoping the abs would slip in some unannounced yet asked-for features like color-variable warp markers and cue points, OSC support or any number of the other things.

Has anyone found any easter eggs?
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

laird

Post by laird » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:18 pm

If you navigate through the invisible maze and use the bridge at the right spot, you can get to a secret room that says Robert Henke Was Here.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:22 pm

laird wrote:If you navigate through the invisible maze and use the bridge at the right spot, you can get to a secret room that says Robert Henke Was Here.
Somebody please make a little photoshop picture of said room. :D
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:38 pm

If you create 37 tracks and record vocals into the 5 clip down a video will pop up with an alternative ending the The Sopranos.

dCross

Post by dCross » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Dunno if this is an Easter Egg, but you can now annotate clips. Open up the info view to check it out.
David Cross
Public Media Coordinator
Ableton Inc. (NYC)

cross@ableton.com

Timur

Post by Timur » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 pm

What is "grouped soloing" anyway? There was a hidden "feature" that allowed you to record a clip with a preset length which would turn to playback at once after reaching the recorded length. Unfortunately that was marked a "bug" (or better to say: a future feature to be implemented) and thus removed before release. :( You can hate me now for having pointed Ableton to that feature in my tries to have it improved even. :roll:

laird

Post by laird » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:05 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
laird wrote:If you navigate through the invisible maze and use the bridge at the right spot, you can get to a secret room that says Robert Henke Was Here.
Somebody please make a little photoshop picture of said room. :D

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 pm

:D

that'll do!

What's that green thing, though?
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

dCross

Post by dCross » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:41 pm

sparklepuff wrote::D

that'll do!

What's that green thing, though?
I think that's Robert's head... ;)
David Cross
Public Media Coordinator
Ableton Inc. (NYC)

cross@ableton.com

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:42 pm

Timur wrote:What is "grouped soloing" anyway? There was a hidden "feature" that allowed you to record a clip with a preset length which would turn to playback at once after reaching the recorded length. Unfortunately that was marked a "bug" (or better to say: a future feature to be implemented) and thus removed before release. :( You can hate me now for having pointed Ableton to that feature in my tries to have it improved even. :roll:
Select "solo in place" and when you solo a channel, it will not mute the sends, so you can still hear the effect. It will mute the other channels and any audio that is being sent to the sends (including the shared ones). Good feature for DJs.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:51 pm

dCross wrote:Dunno if this is an Easter Egg, but you can now annotate clips. Open up the info view to check it out.
You can annotate a lot more than Clips now :)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:46 pm

if you play Live backwards you can hear a great soup recipe.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:55 pm

said room right behind the 5th clip slot in Session..

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:12 am

kabuki wrote:
Timur wrote:What is "grouped soloing" anyway? There was a hidden "feature" that allowed you to record a clip with a preset length which would turn to playback at once after reaching the recorded length. Unfortunately that was marked a "bug" (or better to say: a future feature to be implemented) and thus removed before release. :( You can hate me now for having pointed Ableton to that feature in my tries to have it improved even. :roll:
Select "solo in place" and when you solo a channel, it will not mute the sends, so you can still hear the effect. It will mute the other channels and any audio that is being sent to the sends (including the shared ones). Good feature for DJs.
Hi,

That's a Live 6 thing. What's new in Live 7 is that if a track feeds another via its "audio to", soloing any of the two won't mute the other, regardless of the "solo in place" option.

Then, soloing a return track will allow you to hear the wet signal of that return track only, very much like on hardware mixing board.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:17 am

Tone Deft wrote:if you play Live backwards you can hear a great soup recipe.
Yeah, but its in German.
It probably is a good soup, but I don't feel comfortable cooking to the sound of that demon.
Probably Alex with a nasty cold.