Question about i-tunes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
scottwallis

Question about i-tunes

Post by scottwallis » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi folks

Just trying to use i-tunes for the first time..and having some probs...

1. when i buy a track it downloads as mp4...now i want ti know if i have to find a convertor and convert myself to mp3 because at the moment i cant even play the tune back on media player...

2. The file size are smaller with mp4..some of the songs im downloading i want to play in the club....so am i wasting my time with i-tunes because im reconning the mp4's wont be as good as mp3's

Any help would be a boost

Thanks in advance

scottwallis

Post by scottwallis » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 pm

i should mention i want to burn the tracks to cd and i dont even have an i pod

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:27 pm

personally I just record the audio of the AAC file in another program - typically audacity

I think you can burn it to CD and then re-import. But I'd feel like an asshole wasting all those cd's

Supposedly a 128 AAC sounds better than a 128 mp3. but that may not be saying much.

PLB

Post by PLB » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:47 pm

you don't want to play those mp4's in the club. you'll want to use 320 mp3s which are the highest quality mp3s. you can't get anything near that on itune's store. try using beatport or another dance music download site like release records or resonant vibes...

scottwallis

Post by scottwallis » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:05 pm

PLB wrote:you don't want to play those mp4's in the club. you'll want to use 320 mp3s which are the highest quality mp3s. you can't get anything near that on itune's store. try using beatport or another dance music download site like release records or resonant vibes...
I dont use anything other than 320kbps mp3 quality to play in the club....i was just hoping this mp4 thing itunes use would be of good quality, unfortunatley its not it seems.....pity cus there is a good selection of music at itunes.....pity its all shit quality you are paying for when ur downloading them.

Beatport is no use if ur wanting to get hold of some good commercial remixes...

Not to worry...Thanks for your help anyway :wink: