Does Ableton respond to email?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
minimal

Post by minimal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:17 am

I wrote them recently because i messed with accounts and I had two, couldn't upgrade to 7, after 4 days I had a reply and my accounts have been merged so I could be able to upgrade now (if only I had the cash :evil: )

Everytime I needed assistance I got it in a reasonable time, maybe you should understand that they are particulary busy at the moment, immagine how many people are writing to them to upgrade?

ilia

Post by ilia » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 pm

gavscope wrote::D Personally, never had anything but great, prompt support. Sometimes within minutes! I imagine they are really busy, but 5 - 12 days sounds like spam filter to me, or some other problem.
sent emails to two different people in support, been 9 days w/o reply so far.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:03 pm

i've also waited 8 days with no response. there is no spam problem with my email...i always receive ableton emails fine.

:roll:

AndyJapan

Re: Does Ableton respond to email?

Post by AndyJapan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Verbal wrote:I've wrote them two emails in the past week about upgrading and I still haven't received a reply. Are they not interested in my sale? It's frustrating.
Same here. Called them today and they told me that they are extremely busy at the moment because of the release of the new version. Don't forget that Ableton is a rather small company. If your problem is urgent, pick up the phone and call them.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:15 pm

AndyJapan wrote:
Verbal wrote:I've wrote them two emails in the past week about upgrading and I still haven't received a reply. Are they not interested in my sale? It's frustrating.
Same here. Called them today and they told me that they are extremely busy at the moment because of the release of the new version. Don't forget that Ableton is a rather small company. If your problem is urgent, pick up the phone and call them.
dear ableton,

hire some staff.

sincerely,

a pissed off customer waiting to give you more money

man ovaboardz

Post by man ovaboardz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:16 pm

i feel the same way...i don't understand what kind of business practice is to say u can upgrade through Nov. 31st. Then you end the upgrade period two days early and say "Wait until we contact you, and we will let you know when you can upgrade>We're busy right now!!" Not good business practice to me...It should have been changed back to $119 when this issuewas FIRST addressed...Not a good way to keep ur 'already sold on live' market base happy.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:20 pm

I've got a couple friends waiting to upgrade as well, been well over a week for them too. It is kind of a bummer having to wait to pay a company.

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi all,

We're terribly sorry for the delays in response. The amount of requests, questions and feedback on Live 7 and the other new products is simply stunning, and we're doing the best we can to get back to all of you as fast as possible.

Please feel free to call us at 0049 30 288 763 231 with your matters. We're here for you Mon-Thu 10am-10pm and Fri 10am-6pm (Berlin time)

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your understanding and loyalty.

@man ovaboardz: Please rest assured we will keep our word on the upgrade offer.

bynoe

Post by bynoe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Always had a great service. Even with my educational upgrade which only took 2 days to process. Keep it up Abes

Grahambo!

Post by Grahambo! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Yeah. I'm not too worried about it.

I sent them an email yesterday in regards to "where is my order" kind of thing, and they responded w/in a few hours acknowledging they received my Education Live 7 Suite Boxed Upgrade order, but have yet to process it. That's fine.

Just hoping it gets here by xmas. :D

Nod

Post by Nod » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Martin wrote: @man ovaboardz: Please rest assured we will keep our word on the upgrade offer.
+1 Got my v7 sorted this morning and the Abe's, as outlined above, were as good as their word on the upgrade offer :D

PS: Big thanks to Julia & Nadine...

Verbal

Post by Verbal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:09 pm

Nod wrote:
Martin wrote: @man ovaboardz: Please rest assured we will keep our word on the upgrade offer.
+1 Got my v7 sorted this morning and the Abe's, as outlined above, were as good as their word on the upgrade offer :D

PS: Big thanks to Julia & Nadine...
When did you send the order?

I still haven't received a reply. Been about a week. I'm tempted to just order the upgrade cause I'm impatient.

Maybe I can get them to give me a 'refund' for the educational upgrade difference once they're able to respond to my email. :)

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:19 pm

darthstephen wrote:
AndyJapan wrote:
dear ableton,

hire some staff.

sincerely,

a pissed off customer waiting to give you more money
Yes, because clearly the amount of time it would take to hire staff and train them to answer your email would be WAY shorter than just plowing through their current emails with a bit of a delay.

Deep breaths, people, they aren't doing this to piss you off.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:51 pm

Martin wrote:Hi all,

We're terribly sorry for the delays in response. The amount of requests, questions and feedback on Live 7 and the other new products is simply stunning, and we're doing the best we can to get back to all of you as fast as possible.

Please feel free to call us at 0049 30 288 763 231 with your matters. We're here for you Mon-Thu 10am-10pm and Fri 10am-6pm (Berlin time)

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your understanding and loyalty.

@man ovaboardz: Please rest assured we will keep our word on the upgrade offer.
Hi all,

I may add that you should send all questions related to your order to customercare@ableton.com only. It makes no sense to send them to the tech support team as well (support@ableton.com), as the tech support can't help you with your order at all.

On the other hand, do not send any technical problems/questions to the customer care team.

Thanks for listening and sorry again for the unusual response times.

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

AndyJapan

Post by AndyJapan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:25 am

[nis] wrote: Hi all,

I may add that you should send all questions related to your order to customercare@ableton.com only. It makes no sense to send them to the tech support team as well (support@ableton.com), as the tech support can't help you with your order at all.

On the other hand, do not send any technical problems/questions to the customer care team.

Thanks for listening and sorry again for the unusual response times.

Best,
Nico
Does it make a difference if I send my request to customercare@ableton.com or shop@ableton.com?
I am asking because I sent an e-mail to shop@ableton.com as I couldn't find the upgrade option from Live7 to Live7 Suite in the webshop after I had downloaded my free upgrade from version 6 to version 7. Phone support told me to either send an e-mail or wait until this bug in the webshop is fixed. I don't want to duplicate work for customer support by re-sending my e-mail to customercare@ableton.com, but also don't want to miss this upgrade option.