Novation Remote SL vst automapping + std Live volume control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Timur wrote:What exactly did you assign Guy Smiley? You know that you can change scenes (move up/down) and play scenes via the knobs on the leftmost side of the Remote?
This. to me; is reason enough to own my zero.
I love it! it makes me want to buy a mac mini so I can perform with no screen at all.
I keep trying to move away from looking at the screen at all except for when editing down a take from session view.

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 pm

Timur wrote:What exactly did you assign Guy Smiley? You know that you can change scenes (move up/down) and play scenes via the knobs on the leftmost side of the Remote?
no i hadn't picked up on that cheers !

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:45 am

Knobs on the leftmost side of the remote? You mean the buttons on the leftmost side don't you?
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 am

R.J.Dubya wrote:
Knobs on the leftmost side of the remote? You mean the buttons on the leftmost side don't you?
yeah thats what he means :roll:

Dr.Drane

Post by Dr.Drane » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi all,

When I use template 38 (automap template) I can use custom templates for all my vst's but the ableton mapping is lost.

If I use template 40, the ableton mapping is ok but I can't seem to use my custom templates. The buttons will al be really automapped in a more or less random kind of order without being customizable.

Isn't there a way of using custom automap templates + the ableton controls?

(so I don't have to switch from template 38 to template 40 to switch between vst and ableton controls)

Thanks a lot for the replies folks!

Dr.Drane

Post by Dr.Drane » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am

Anyone?

Ableton controls + custom automapped templates in vst without switching templates?

thanks

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:42 am

You can edit your knobs and buttons to transmit on Port 3/Channel 16 so that the Automap Server receives their input, but the Remote can always only receive LCD screen data from one host, that is either Live or the Automap Server application. So when you edit your knobs/buttons to send to Automap in template 40 the screen will still be drawn by Live and so it's likely you wont see what you edit (or see it the Live way). Try yourself and see what happens.

pieter

Post by pieter » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 am

tricil wrote:

there's a number next to the Play/Previous Scene/Next Scene buttons in midi map mode, map it to an encoder and have fun.
is is possible to move to another scene + let it play automatically (assigning the "move to next scene" and "play scene" buttons to the same controller?)