WANTED: Ableton Live LE to Ableton FULL 6 upgrade

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
marcnyc

WANTED: Ableton Live LE to Ableton FULL 6 upgrade

Post by marcnyc » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 am

Hello,
I have Live LE 6 and I would like to upgrade to the full version.
I am still in the "checking it out" stage so I wanna spend as little as possible and I don't need version 7, I'd be happy with 6, which is why I thought I'd post and see if anyone has an upgrade to 6 that they don't need anymore.

Thanks

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:49 pm

you can't "upgrade to 6" at this point.
the upgrades are generally 150 us from the previous version, ie: from 6
or slightly more from a more arcane version ie:3-4.
But these are always to the most current version, which is now 7.
could you be maybe looking for something that is not quite legal?
naughty boy. :roll:

marcnyc

Post by marcnyc » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:39 pm

If I was looking for something not quite legal I'd be looking on some torrent site, limewire or stuff like that, I certainly wouldn't be asking about it on the official Ableton forums, would I?

Actually precisely because I was trying to be legal, I decided to look for a version upgrade... Like I said, I just started playing with Ableton, so I don't feel like I need a version 7 but I do need a full version (LE is too limiting at this point).
I would much rather support the music industry by buying the software original, but on the other hand I don't feel like paying 569 for an upgrade. I would consider paying 150 for version 7 if I had to but $569 (which is the price I see online) seems like way too much, especially since I am still learning, you know?

I figured there must be someone out there who bought a full version of 7 (even if by mistake) even though they had version 6. I'd be happy with version 6 full but $569 is a little over the top.

SMonk

Post by SMonk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:01 pm

On a (somewhat) related note, i find it odd that the upgrade price from LE to full 7 is identical to the upgrade price from Lite to full. LE is 150 bucks, Lite is essentially free.