WTF happened to Replace sample functionality???!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chymera

WTF happened to Replace sample functionality???!!!

Post by chymera » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:24 pm

So... I don't think I've had to do this since version 4 or 5, but I'm trying now on 6...

What the f**k happened to right clicking on a missing sample and have the replace option, whereby you could simply locate the sample if it had moved and bingo, it was replaced. All I've got now is the "manage sample file" option which

1. Searches every f-ing place on my computer other than the simple folder the sample is in. yeah it gets there in the end but ffs, I know where the thing is, why doesn't ableton?

or

2. When I drag in the correct sample over the missing one it deletes all the warping and clip info??!! It used to keep all the warping and clip info.. wtf is going on ?? I distinctly remember that you could drop in even a completely different sample and it would still keep all the original warping and clip info.

Its a serious serious inconvenience..

Why oh why was this changed and am I doing something wrong??

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:34 pm

Use the manage live set option.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

Nokatus

Re: WTF happened to Replace sample functionality???!!!

Post by Nokatus » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 pm

chymera wrote:I know where the thing is, why doesn't ableton?
Because they are all the way in Germany.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Moody wrote:Use the manage live set option.
Yep, the replace sample function has been move to here. Use "manage live set" and select your samples from the list on the right hand side and you're good to go.