crack ableton live 4

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiderprod

crack ableton live 4

Post by spiderprod » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:57 pm

i have been surfing yesterday & found a crack of live 4 , to be sure it wasn't a hoax i downloaded it & tryed it on one of my old computer .
the software is working as good as the registered version .
i am quite amazed about that , i can see that abletons are not the only peoples not sleeping .
there must be already a lot of peoples using the crack already , i still can't belive it.
is the crack from ableton to promote live 4 ?

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:42 pm

There's nothing I can really think of to say that will fully capture the essence of your stupidity.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:49 pm

Ableton would not provide a way of using their software illegally. They promote with demos, not Kraks.

Its a sad day. There was also a krak for Doom 3 the NEXT day oafter its release.

I can't imagine how angry and dissappointed they must be.

Do what is right. Support Ableton and don't distribute kraks.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:44 pm

I think spider was just trying to let the Ableton people know that there software security is lacking..... of course this technique made Nero one of the most popular burning softwares.

hyerstay

Post by hyerstay » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:00 pm

I'm not sure it was the best idea to post this to a forum as opposed to privately emailing Ableton.

loophead

Post by loophead » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:06 pm

If you have not already done so, forward the info/link etc to Ableton directly so that they can do what they choose to to deal with it. I agree with 'hyerstay' would have been best not to post in this open forum.

It is a shame that there are so many assholes and thieves in the music community who act with such reprehensible morality. Any time one complains about the sad state of the world, this is where it begins.

This for me is the main reason I would like to see a registered forum tied to a s/n. I have zero desire to help one of these cretinous fucks ! :x
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:18 pm

One question... not that I support using unauthorized software but what would you do if you could not afford Live?

LoopyFruit

Post by LoopyFruit » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:19 pm

Well its a sad day to hear of this, IMHO Ableton give us excellent value for money for what is a fun and unique product.

They don't rip us off so there is no excuse for others to do it to them, this may make a big hole in sales and we all suffer in the end when there is less money to develop the product in the future.

LoopyFruit

Post by LoopyFruit » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:One question... not that I support using unauthorized software but what would you do if you could not afford Live?
I can't afford a Rolls Royce so what do I do, go and steal one ?

phlange-phace

Post by phlange-phace » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:34 pm

LoopyFruit wrote:
Anonymous wrote:One question... not that I support using unauthorized software but what would you do if you could not afford Live?
I sure would if I could download one. :lol:

drush

Post by drush » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:10 pm

i've heard this question tied to this general topic one more than one occasion. the inference being that if you supposedly can't afford something you therefore have some degree of right to steal it. the stupidity of this makes my teeth hurt. just admit that you are a criminal and get on with life.

you have a computer. you are almost certainly living in non-third world conditions, probably have some degree of healthcare, clothing, heat, a roof, and enough education or natural ability to be able to find your way to this forum and communicate your dumb f*cking question. you CAN afford it.

get off your lazy ass and go get a job.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:13 pm

Mow a few lawns, sell some plazma, roll a software thief for their money, and BUY the software. Look at it like this: if you pay full-price now, the next version is gonna be a LOT cheaper.

I can think very few things on earth worth a LOT more than what the manufacturer is asking, and Live 4 is DEFINITELY one of them.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

loophead

Post by loophead » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:22 pm

phlange-phace wrote:
LoopyFruit wrote:
I sure would if I could download one. :lol:
Well 'plange' I'll remember not to post when you are seeking help. This is what I meant but "the state of the world...and this is where it begins..." It is a proud moment for mom and dad eh ? Maybe you and anon should study ethics.

If you ever release a product one will hope that all of these pricks steal your hard work so that you will need to continue working in the fast food industry or some other menial work which needs no more than a limited education, while you wonder where next months rent will come from. When you play out one hopes that two thirds of the people in attendence snuck in and that your pay is tied to the number of paying patrons.

In the words of John Lennon "instant karmas gonna get you" :evil:
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:31 pm

Ableton should post a bogus "crack" version of Live 4 to the download area. Maybe just with a harmless special feature like randomised midi clock or something more cruel like hard drive scrambling ...

I'd gladly p2p/bitstream the decoy crack all over the filesharing networks.... with enough registered users flooding hoax cracks it should kill the piracy, or at least hugely reduce the ability for thieves to download anything useful ...

mokomo

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:34 pm

I think its really shitty cracking Live 4...the abletons are just a bunch of cool people like ourselves, into tunes, making music and cool software. I can understand people cracking microsoft office, but cracking Live is like stealing off a member of your family...the folks that cracked Live 4 must have zero morals...