Live 7 Full version download question????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DjViral

Live 7 Full version download question????

Post by DjViral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:01 am

hey there
I'm in the process of filling in the forms to order Live 7 full version download. (kind of a Christmas present to myself) but i was wondering first what instruments are included in the full version download?

Are these all included?:

Tension
Electric
Analog
Operator
Sampler

Drum Machines
Session Drums

I already know EIC 2 is not included in the full download version but it would be great if someone could tell me which instruments of the ones listed above are included. Thank you very much in advance.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:12 am

no session drums in the download

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:29 am

thank you for the quick reply, so everything but EIC 2 and session drums is in the full version download. This is great. thanks

iivanov

Post by iivanov » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 am

you do mean suite right?

I will be upgrading from LE to full 7, but the 350US one, that one doesn't include any instruments right? I was going to get sampler as well for 200US

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:58 am

no im just talking about the full version download, check the educational form

i don't want suite,

as i know of the full version for download has : tension, analog, electric, operator, sampler, and drum machines.

am i right? or have i been misinformed

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:36 am

DjViral wrote:no im just talking about the full version download, check the educational form

i don't want suite,

as i know of the full version for download has : tension, analog, electric, operator, sampler, and drum machines.

am i right? or have i been misinformed
there is the basic upgrade for 119US and for another 200US+119US you can walk out with the live 7 upgrade, all the instruments, and drum machines. i thought about it and lounge lizard/electric costs 229 by itself so to get the upgrade with all the instrument licenses and the vintage drum machine samples is a steal.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:25 am

i dont have ableton. like at all. so i will not be upgrading. i will be buying ableton for the first time so i want to know if anyone has gotten the full version download and what instruments are included in it???

I appreciate all the replies but my question isn't being answered.

anyone?

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:43 am

@ Viral, the full version of ableton does not include alll those instruments...

the full + suite includes all those instruments.

DO NOT WORRY.

Mate there are just too many options, and things you can do to get sorted.

Option 1. Find a copy of LIve LIte. they usually come bundle with audio cards and things of this sort. Register that. now you can upgrade to the full version of live from live lite for 329 usd, last time I checked.

Option 2. buy the full version of Live flat out, for about 500 usd. Now you can use plenty of freeware, and maybe even get some cheaper payware vst's than what comes with live. and even other vst instruments that are IMHO, better than what is coming with live.

websites like www.kvraudio.com have marketplaces where software is LEGAllY resold used. used software is usually discounted at 50 %, on Kvr synths like Massive, by NI, are often sold for 125, or 135 dollars.

Man, Live is a great program. Jump right in, but do not worry about synths.

there is too much LEGAL freeware, and plenty of LEGAL used software, in and HONEST and SAFE market places, * you still must be careful, ask for references etc.. but kvr is a good place to start.

IF you find a live lite, than live full version becomes just too cheap. and you will be allright even if you buy live flat out, and can not afford the extra synths.

because like I said. there are tons of synths.
too many lasers...

SMonk

Post by SMonk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:03 pm

j2j wrote:@ Viral, the full version of ableton does not include alll those instruments...

the full + suite includes all those instruments.

DO NOT WORRY.

Mate there are just too many options, and things you can do to get sorted.

Option 1. Find a copy of LIve LIte. they usually come bundle with audio cards and things of this sort. Register that. now you can upgrade to the full version of live from live lite for 329 usd, last time I checked.

Option 2. buy the full version of Live flat out, for about 500 usd. Now you can use plenty of freeware, and maybe even get some cheaper payware vst's than what comes with live. and even other vst instruments that are IMHO, better than what is coming with live.
He already said that he was looking at the edu pricing, so having Lite will be of no use (the edu and Lite discounts do not stack).

Anyway, to reiterate: "Full" does not include the instruments. "Suite" does (and with the edu discount it isn't that much more expensive, really. At least for mac, finding free plugs that aren't just rehashes of the same old virtual analog isn't easy).

iivanov

Post by iivanov » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:05 pm

what is this edu stuff?

okay, what is the best thing for me to do...I have Live Lite and was thinking of upgrading to full at 349US. Those instruments would be good to have, but I would want Sampler for sure.

so Live Full comes with none of those instruments right?

the Live Lite to Live Suite costs 799US. But if I buy the Live Lite to Live Full plus sampler I will be paying 349US plus 199US = 550US.

so should I go Lite to Full or is there something better?

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:08 pm

iivanov wrote:what is this edu stuff?

okay, what is the best thing for me to do...I have Live Lite and was thinking of upgrading to full at 349US. Those instruments would be good to have, but I would want Sampler for sure.

the Live Lite to Live Suite costs 799US. But if I buy the Live Lite to Live Full plus sampler I will be paying 349US plus 199US = 550US.

are you a student? educator or do you even work at a campus? if so then the abes will hook you up.

the edu pricing maxes out at 499US for the box suite and 399 for the download version this excludes eic2 and session drums though (but ask yourself how often you will use those sounds?)
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:47 pm

aright well thank you everyone for your answers, they are greatly appreciated. Well i guess the marketing is pretty sneaky, cus if i only wanted live 7 download with sampler, operator, and drum machines i couldn't do that. I guess i'm going to have to do the Ableton Suite Full version Download exc. EIC 2 and Session Drums for $399. Wow well i'm going to have to go back to the old bank account and sort out the funds lol. thank again for the info everyone. you've really helped.

iivanov

Post by iivanov » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 am

v00d00ppl wrote:
iivanov wrote:what is this edu stuff?

are you a student? educator or do you even work at a campus? if so then the abes will hook you up.

the edu pricing maxes out at 499US for the box suite and 399 for the download version this excludes eic2 and session drums though (but ask yourself how often you will use those sounds?)
I am a student, but I would NEVER use eic2 or session drums. I just need Live Lite to Full upgrade and Sampler. Any edu deals for that?