project folders, alc files

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
spacecat

project folders, alc files

Post by spacecat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:30 am

hi all =)

i was wondering... whenever i save a live set as... it saves it as a project folder i believe... the liveset is then also always called *project* .. is there anyway i can have it save normally again?

also,

when i record midi to audio (midi bla in from this channel) all is good. but i noticed that they are recorded as *.alc* files.. not wavs.. when i drag a newly recorded file into a special section of my browser, it shows that its a alc file. why not wav?

thank you for all your help=))

greetz and have a goooooooooood weekend;)

spacecat

Post by spacecat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 pm

also,
the red light also seems to jump in when i dont want it- even when i dont change anything... (e.g. when i prorammed a *device on* automation or so .. is there anyway to *reset* the red light so it doesnt jump on anymore ?

thx , greets, happy holidays and a hny..=)

longjohns

Re: project folders, alc files

Post by longjohns » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:42 am

spacecat wrote:hi all =)

i was wondering... whenever i save a live set as... it saves it as a project folder i believe... the liveset is then also always called *project* .. is there anyway i can have it save normally again?

also,

when i record midi to audio (midi bla in from this channel) all is good. but i noticed that they are recorded as *.alc* files.. not wavs.. when i drag a newly recorded file into a special section of my browser, it shows that its a alc file. why not wav?

thank you for all your help=))

greetz and have a goooooooooood weekend;)
When you save a set which does not already belong to a project, it will create a project folder. The set itself is an .als file within that project. A set and a project are two different things. A set must belong to a project, though..

.alc files are "live clips"

There is a .wav file associated with every (audio) live clip. The normal location of that would usually be somewhere in the \Samples folder of the project which was used to create the .alc file. It could also be in the Library.

You can choose to move that .wav file around. It is possible to do manually but you may break the association, which will need fixing with the file manager. So you're probably better off using the file manager in the first place.

By far the easiest approach is not worrying about where the samples are, unless for some reason you absolutely have to.

I could go on and on about this stuff but can't bring myself to keep typing at the moment. ;)

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 am

spacecat wrote:also,
the red light also seems to jump in when i dont want it- even when i dont change anything... (e.g. when i prorammed a *device on* automation or so .. is there anyway to *reset* the red light so it doesnt jump on anymore ?

thx , greets, happy holidays and a hny..=)
find the envelope of the offending parameter, and clear it of the automation.

spacecat

Post by spacecat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:48 am

hi longjohns=)

thx so much for ur answers =)

was just a little worried cuz there were no project folders in the past unless you saved self contained...

- coulda figured to look for the wav in the project folder... duh :P lol

- i dont want to clear teh envelope cuz i have automation set... cant that dumb redlight just not come in when i dont want it to and am doing nothing? lol

greeeets n thx a bunch m8 =) happy new year =)