Ableton Live Beginners guide & Dublin Showcase

Promote your gigs or events.
Kaizen

Ableton Live Beginners guide & Dublin Showcase

Post by Kaizen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:37 pm

DJ Kaizen - A beginners guide to dj'ing with Ableton Live now available for free download on my homepage

www.djkaizen.com

Hey guys

Just to let you know the Ableton Live showcase I'm doing is now confirmed.

Saturday 16th December
2-4pm
The Bernard Shaw, Dublin

I will confirm the address once I find it out!

For those who don't know, this will be a complete beginners guide to Dj-ing with ableton (The lazy persons guide). While I am by no means an expert, I've made many a mistake in the past and can at least inform others of these pitfalls.

This is a completely free event and is being hosted by myself. It will be fully interactive and crowd participation is expected.

Topics to be covered include:-

Introduction to the programme
Setting up your dj template
Warping
Looping, creating samples and and mash-ups on the fly
Effects, tips and tricks.

hope you guys can make it, if your Belfast based I'll hopefully be doing another one in the North over the next few months.

Also, if there's any topics you wish to have included, please drop me a message here, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Kaizen

dj kaizen, ableton live beginners guide, ableton dj, abletonlivedj, ableton live production, ableton live tutorials

www.djkaizen.com, http://djkaizen.com/index.php, http://djkaizen.com/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=28,
Last edited by Kaizen on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ableton Live Beginners Guide - Lazy Persons edition available now @ djkaizen.comImage

Baz

Post by Baz » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:01 am

this is exactly what i needed , ableton only arrived 3 days ago so there are
a good few things id like brought up . I wont ask you to explain everthing
thats confusing me at the moment - that would take up the whole session !
But if you could show us how to launch tracks in the session view so the fist
beat hits in time with the track that is currently playing - this is probably included in setting up the dj template if not it would be great if you could bring it up

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:13 pm

Thats all gonna be covered buddy - I'll have all the notes on cd's with a warping tutorial & template and all the rest if you want one. Only €5 or a couple of pints.

Anyway it's gonna be a good afternoon with some good tunes thrown in
Ableton Live Beginners Guide - Lazy Persons edition available now @ djkaizen.comImage

Cache

Post by Cache » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:56 pm

yo i'm getting back into Ireland on the 18th - am snooping around for any gigs? i do either DJ set (electrohouse) or Live PA, depending on what is going on....let me know if there's anything happening around town, or slots available....(no mention of britney's flange please!)

cheers

cache
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/1800cachecall
myspace.com/autonomousunit
myspace.com/kinesicla
myspace.com/pocketonfridays

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:03 am

Is this still on ?

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Yes Baz its still on - I'll be posting details this afternoon or tomorrow

Looking forward to it myself alright.

Once its over I'll be hopin to get those who attend to join my forum, so they can discuss everything that was brought up on the day

www.djkaizen.com/forum

The basis of the showcase is my Beginners guide - however we'll go past that big time

Kaizen

***FINAL INFORMATION***

Post by Kaizen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:24 pm

Ableton Live – A Beginners Guide to DJ’ing with Ableton Live (The lazy persons edition)

16th December 2006 – The Bernard Shaw 2- 4pm

Map

Please log in to www.djkaizen.com/forum if you have any topics you want covered in the showcase. I’ll do my best, and if I cant answer them, someone else might be able to.

The showcase

Have you read my beginners guide? No? Then download it from www.djkaizen.com/kaizen-beginners-guide.pdf as this is the basis of the showcase.

Bearing in mind I am not a teacher nor do I proclaim to be an expert, (disclaimer) I am not accountable for any inaccuracies in what I say during the showcase, but if I’m wrong correct me….politely!

This is meant to be as laid back and educational as possible and so if numbers allow it, I’ll be asking people to come up and demonstrate what it is we’re discussing.

Remember that I’m doing this for my selfish needs too – I want to see how other DJ’s use live and use your ideas also, so if you know a better way to do something, then by all means make yourself heard.

If you’re a DJ, or producer and you want to collaborate with other like-minded people, don’t be afraid to chat to someone on the day. Everyone attending is in the same boat, so no need to be shy.

If you have any problems or want to discuss the showcase further drop me a mail at info at djkaizen.com or log on to the forum

Looking forward to this now

Kaizen

TonySoprano

Post by TonySoprano » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:50 pm

Best of luck, Kaizen!
Check out my latest mix:-
http://www.mixdepot.net/OutOfMySystem

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks Ooms - looking forward to it as it really is goin to be more like a chat with mates than dictating to 60 odd folk!

oh god...haha

I'm trying to source a camera to record it. If all else fails, there'll be photos at least!

womoma

Post by womoma » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:12 am

if you google "ableton live beginners guide" it brings you to this post.

good work kaizen! heh

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Dec thanks for pointing that out!

There's a new post for my blog (to be started)

Actually must start a Belfast thread now as thats forthcoming!!

I should really put a link to my own page for the google thing.
www.djkaizen.com
www.djkaizen.com/kaizen-beginners-guide.pdf

sorry guys

djkrimson

Post by djkrimson » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:57 pm

looks like the PDF is 1 KB

any one has the same problem ?

MrRivaz

Post by MrRivaz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 pm

hi m8, a bit belated but, if anything pops up again in the uk let me know id be happy to come and check it out
The Mily Bars Are On Me
myspace.com/mrrivazmusic

SpaceDub Productions BC

Re: Ableton Live Beginners guide & Dublin Showcase

Post by SpaceDub Productions BC » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:42 am

Link is dead, anyone got this PDF available for me, Thanks in Advance !!
Hidden Music Festival 2010, Kelowna B.C. Canada, June 11-13
www.Hidden2010.com