Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Will the USA wake up before it's too late?

Yes
13%
No
41%
There will be martial law and then a massive peacefull revolution
3%
There will be martial law and then a massive violent revolution
6%
it won't matter because of the financial crisis leading to economic collapse
27%
it won't matter because peak oil will turn the USA into a 3rd world country
10%

Total votes: 96

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:32 am

icedsushi wrote: I think candidates are getting more and more cowardly about taking a clear stance on any isssues as time goes on. Everyone is less and less going out on a limb to state a clear stance on isssues out of fear of alienating potential voters. Because of this, the average voter has less and less idea what the person is all about. When election day comes around it ends up causing them to just pull a straight party vote instead of voting for the person (because it's too vague what the person really stands for anymore...)
...I know it's wierd, but there are only two candidates who say what they think and have the guts to be honest about it... and they're both Republicans.

Rudy Guiliani and Ron Paul.

Everybody here seems to know about Paul's take on things, but Guiliani also has the balls to say what he actually thinks. For instance, a surge in Afghanistan;

http://www.nysun.com/article/68755

His honesty is the reason that the religious element in the republicans doesn't like him; he's open about his stance on abortion, divorce, etc.

Personally, I hope Guiliani wins it all. He's a results guy. America has an impossible task ahead of it. So far, of all the candidates on both major parties, Guiliani is the only one who's accomplished the impossible; he cleaned up New York. In the 80's, that was a Herculean task, and he did it.

Ron Paul is a little to unrealistic about his Isolationist stance. Pulling a turtle will not make the US safer, and will only further endanger US allies worldwide... Though most of Europe, Developed Asia and Canada are generally a bunch of ungrateful freeloaders on the US's contributions to world stability... But that's a post for another time.
Last edited by M. Bréqs on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:41 am

Oh, and the original poster forgot the poll option "America has been awake, but has become too dogmatic and shortsighted, and is about to go to sleep by electing a naive, idealistic, touchy-feely President who fiddles away the West's advantage while the enemies of civilization prepare our downfall".

Rudy Guiliani is the right choice, but too many Americans are too cowardly or dogmatic to vote for a candidate with a disciplined foreign and domestic policy (which the Left hates), but secular ideals (which the religious Right hates).

It's a shame, really.

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Are we still thinking that it matters who we vote for?
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

forge

Post by forge » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:51 pm

are you really that keen on ROn Paul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JyvkjSK ... razy-hick/

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 pm

forge wrote:are you really that keen on ROn Paul?

This is no different then the beliefs of every former president.
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t

forge

Post by forge » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:30 pm

Moody wrote:

that doesnt bother you?

underhill

Post by underhill » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:44 pm

forge wrote:
that doesnt bother you?
It bothers me, in the same way that most of my older relatives hold on to the same belief system. But, I still let them take care of my 7 year old daughter. Ron Paul does not even want to do that. He is the only candidate that wants to get the government out of my house. I can find MANY more things I do not like about Ron Paul's beliefs and opinions, but unlike most of the other candidates, ever, I still like the guy and what he wants to see happen here.

I have had epic dreams about a future where free thought and emotion are pushed into the dark places, hidden from sight. I am bruised from the pinching.

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:44 pm

forge wrote:
Moody wrote:

that doesnt bother you?
Personally yes but, what choices are there?

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:50 am

now this is scary

seperation of church and state? not any more apparently

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 55,00.html

disgusting

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 am

forge wrote:now this is scary

seperation of church and state? not any more apparently

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 55,00.html

disgusting
they are being discriminated against because of their religion. I hope this judge gets fired. Is atheism considered a religion in a court of law?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:02 am

Moody wrote:
forge wrote:
Moody wrote: This is no different then the beliefs of every former president.
that doesnt bother you?
Personally yes but, what choices are there?
Uh.... I'm willing to bet that Clinton was OK with evolution, and I would bet his wife is too. Not saying I like them etc. just that you're painting the religious community as too black and white about this, it's the right wing religious that don't believe in evoilution.

Ron Paul is an idiot, and I have no idea why people think that a party that has weakened the dollar, and screwed up our position in the world is the choice for another four years?
I also have no idea why anybody here in america would think it's OK to just walk away from the mess we made of Iraq. Like it or not, it's our fault now. We came in and stirred the pot, we have to at least make an effort to help, not just pull out etc. like Paul sez... that would basically be genocide.

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:39 am

if you think ron paul is anything like bush or the rest of the republican party, you haven't done your homework.

violence leads to more violence. peace leads to peace. which path do you wish to take.
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:57 am

zstowasser wrote:violence leads to more violence. peace leads to peace. which path do you wish to take.
Overly simplistic worldview. Immediate or premature withdrawal from Iraq would result in MORE violence, not less. Like it or not (and the morality / lack thereof of the original invasion notwithstanding), the US made the mess, and your country is morally obligated to do try to sort things out.

Colin Powell said it best: "You break it, you own it"

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 am

You break it, you own it????!!! wtf?

I'm gonna go break into my rich neighbour's house (he's got some oil wells) right now, and own it.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:41 am

if I was American I'd just see who M. Breqs would vote for then vote for the other guy! :P :lol: