@Ableton: Why don't you want my money?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AndyJapan

@Ableton: Why don't you want my money?

Post by AndyJapan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 am

I am itching to spend some money for the upgrade from Live7 to Live7 Suite, but you have obviously not yet fixed the bug in your webshop. (For all readers who do not know what I am talking about: If you have a registered Live7 under your account, the webshop won't show upgrades to Live7 Suite. However, it supposedly shows suite upgrade options if you have registered Live6 or lower.)

Customer Care confirmed in the week before X-Mas that the bug will be fixed within a few days. I understand that you had X-Mas and New Year's holidays, but you should be back at work now, right. The 'introductory reduced prices campaign' on Ableton Suite upgrades will expire in eleven days. I truely hope that you will fix the problem before the expiration date.

dom

Post by dom » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Andy,

no problem, as long as the shop doesn't offer it automatically simply drop a mail to customercare@ableton.com

For immediate assistance and orders you can reach the Ableton Customer Care by phone or fax:
T: +49 30 288 763-231
F: +49 30 288 763-11

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

AndyJapan

Post by AndyJapan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:30 pm

dom wrote:Hi Andy,

no problem, as long as the shop doesn't offer it automatically simply drop a mail to customercare@ableton.com

For immediate assistance and orders you can reach the Ableton Customer Care by phone or fax:

Cheers,
Dom
Wow, I'm impressed. 8O
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll sure give you a call.

jmonster

Post by jmonster » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:53 pm

dom wrote:
Hi Andy,

Cheers,
Dom
That is great and all but i wrote several emails to customercare@ableton.com and shop@ableton.com, all with no reply. WTF.

should i just write one every day for the rest of my life until they respond. as much as i liike to waste my valuable time, this is not an acceptable option.

Dom, you got any other suggestions that don't work.

As much as i want to go buy a phone card so i can make an international call to ask ableton why their crap is broken, i believe the internet was invented so i wouldn't have to do this.

Ableton, respond to your customer's emails. that is your job.

why don't you check out this thread with a bunch of other folks who want to upgrade to Ableton Suite and who have gotten mis-information from ableton and who are fed up as well:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 486#610486

This is a joke and i lose more respect for ableton everyday.

perhaps an ableton moderator will respond to this will other suggestions that don't work. If only i could be so lucky.

XPM

Post by XPM » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:03 pm

I am also getting rather annoyed with the situation.
I sent payment on the 20th december! and I've still not recieved my serial numbers.
The last email I recieved from them said that they 'Hadn't recieved payment', well my paypal account says the bloody well have.
I have emailed again just now to point out that I would quite like to use the new features in Live for my university final project which I am currently in the process of creating.
Every previous time I have had to contact Ableton their service has been impeccable, but since the release of Live 7 (and I understand that it's a busy time, but over 2 weeks after payment being sent, and still no product!?!?) their customer service seems to have been flushed right down the toilet.
Hope this gets sorted out soon for my, and everyone else's sanity.

XPM

inmazevo

Post by inmazevo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:54 pm

dom wrote:Hi Andy,

Cheers,
Dom
Thanks for the reply, dom.
I've actually emailed customercare@ableton.com three weeks ago, with no reply.
And then again, to shop@ableton.com a couple of days ago.

I'm trying to buy the boxed version of Live 7 upgrade (with EIC 2), since I have Live 6 boxed (with EIC 1).
I only have the option to "buy" the free download version of Live 7 (without EIC 2).

I checked this stuff before getting the Live 6 upgrade, and the price of the Live 7 boxed upgrade was $40, with the download being free.

I'd really like to stay on the boxed upgrade path, so I can stick with getting the EIC updates. I don't have enough money for Suite, so that's not an option.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to send yet another email, since I don't want to make noise that will slow everything down.

Any ideas?

- zevo
infinite density, zero volume

jmonster

Post by jmonster » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:00 pm

if you call (00) 49 30 288 763-231, you can talk to a customer rep who will be able to place your order for the upgrade.

I called, and they took my order and they said i should get my upgrade serial in about an hour. We will have to wait and see if that happens, but either way it was better than sending emails with no reply.

they did acknowledge that the webshop is currently unable to make the upgrade, so the only way to get it done now is to call berlin.

BTW it is $279 to upgrade to the suite without the EIC2 and the SessionDrums and $390 with.

carlos

Post by carlos » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:15 am

i have 3 emails to ableton "customer care" ,, and not even 1 response,,

VERY ANNOYING!

underhill

Post by underhill » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:43 am

Many e-mails over two weeks to transfer a Live ownership here and no responses. I guess I will call on Monday.

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Make the call to Germany, people. I ordered during the downtime of the holidays and waited for three days for email response.

Finally bit the bullet and paid $1.49 minute for the phone call. Talked to the rep, arranged the order over the phone and had my serials in 15 minutes. They are friendly there and from what he was telling me, they've got 2000+ email orders to fill.

carlos

Post by carlos » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:39 pm

will try calling,, thanks to leonardrock for that tidbit 8)

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:45 pm

Call using skype - it's pretty much free!

Territan

Post by Territan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 pm

FYI, I saw the issue with the webstore, and emailed them on it on January 1st. I got a reply from a person on the 2nd.

And yes, the page which shows the pricing is fouled, but if you go in through the webstore and actually put the lotion—er, upgrade in the basket, it should list it with the correct price. That's what I did, and that's what it did for me.

Now all I have to do is wait for the computer which I'm going to put it on...

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:09 am

Territan wrote:FYI, I saw the issue with the webstore, and emailed them on it on January 1st. I got a reply from a person on the 2nd.

And yes, the page which shows the pricing is fouled, but if you go in through the webstore and actually put the lotion—er, upgrade in the basket, it should list it with the correct price. That's what I did, and that's what it did for me.

Now all I have to do is wait for the computer which I'm going to put it on...
FYI if you have already purchased live 7 and then you go click on "upgrades" it says there are no upgrades available to you. thats what we are all mad about. some of us bought live 7 and now want to upgrade to 7 suite but cannot.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:13 am

I had Chuck Norris call Ableton for me regarding this issue. Gerhard showed up at my door with the Live Suite box begging my forgiveness in less than 3 hours.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams