Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
condra

Post by condra » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Billdesman wrote: KRK's are OK. A friend of mine has some dynaudio's. Compared to them, the KRK's are kinda low on the hi's, and bass response isn't that good (this could be because of my room acoustics). But, for the money you can't complain.
I was considering the KRK RP6 but opted for the Event TR6 as I found them at a very good discounted price, and they sounded great to me too. I'll post a pic soon as they arrive.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:49 pm

there is no comparison between the krk's and dynaudio's. i got them both, and i was astonished as to the difference... albeit my dynaudios are set up better, i.e. my rokits are not in as good postioning and are ran on differing length unbalanced cables. hey, i ran out of money. 20ft. mogami cables are expensive... radioshack cords will have to do for now :D . besides, i only use the rokits for monitioring while playing my keys, as they sit perpendicular to my bm5a's. and the accoustics are not the same in that position, either, but i definately can hear the differences otherwise. but for the price, begginers can't go wrong with the krk's. i made a few mixes that translated well with them. besides, what business does a noob have buying genelecs right off the git anyway? maybe i'll try to take pics, and upload them. but i can't even quote right... a total f#ckin forum noob :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:26 pm

forget the fancy cables, total waste of money. go to an electrical supply store and get lamp cord. I just bought 250 feet for $64 including tax. plus you can get it in a few different colors to match your setup.

for example:
http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subcate ... =1&scid=12
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:38 pm

new pic of the reduced performance rig, including two sneak peeks of my sequencer, the Explode and Step sections ;)

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

* mmm *

* explode *

:wink:

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:* mmm *

* explode *

:wink:
- and you will when you see it in action, bro.. It puts Tenori-On to SHAME!

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm anxious.

No youtube previds?

-M

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:I'm anxious.

No youtube previds?

-M
ahem, no... I fear I've gone a bit superstitious about those... last time I did one of those it took like a year to finish the project.... dont wanna go there again :-|

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Machinate wrote:
Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:I'm anxious.

No youtube previds?

-M
ahem, no... I fear I've gone a bit superstitious about those... last time I did one of those it took like a year to finish the project.... dont wanna go there again :-|
Oki.

I'll just wait patiently then. * curious about what's up your sleeve *

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 pm

hey td,

yeah, that'll work... provided the wire is a high enough gauge, and the solder joints are well made. i actually was thinking about getting a soldering iron soon. maybe i might'n could do that. do you know where i could get some heat shrink that size, as i really don't want to have three wires taped together, not to mention the posibility of radio interference from the thin sheathing of the lamp cord wire? after a few runs of that, my cable mess would be horrible! oh yeah... try and find 14 or 16 gauge wire, esp. if using it unbalanced. less resistence and all. and where can one find good connectors? i really like the tightness of the neutrik xlr's. what about gold trs'?

on the second thought, i am kinda lazy... and an electrician to boot. i hate messing with wires when i get home :D

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:04 pm

solder joints don't matter that much compared to twisting wires together, solder is just stronger. the lamp cord is 16 gauge, same as monster cable. the insulation has nothing to do with interference, you need metal to form a faraday cage. the difference is resistance has much more to do with how far you run that cables. gold connectors are more bullshit sales stuff unless you're looking to wire stuff up next to the salty ocean air or some corrosive environment. know what you mean about electronics at home, fwiw I'm an electrical engineer. all I want to do when I get home is play, not fiddle with electronics. you can get heat shrink that size anywhere. wait a sec, you're an electrician and you don't have a soldering iron? I guess you use twist caps.

machinate - those look amazing, can't wait to hear/watch them.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mrbook

Post by mrbook » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:56 pm

I don't have a picture of my setup yet, but here is a short video. The ugly face is at the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyOst6q3ozw

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 pm

and my ugly mug
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

hartsta

Here mine

Post by hartsta » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:58 am

MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.4Ghz OS 10.7.1 4GB RAM Live 8 (8.2.5), Logic Studio & the dark side of the force.

mohler

Post by mohler » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 am

Machinate wrote:new pic of the reduced performance rig, including two sneak peeks of my sequencer, the Explode and Step sections ;)

Now that's just showing off!!! (read- jealous!!!)

Beautiful and minimal mind you....
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,