Legato vs. special launch modi

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
The Kraut

Legato vs. special launch modi

Post by The Kraut » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:16 am

maybe i´m too foolish, but if i activate the legato i´m loosing the repeat-funktion. is there any way, to get both of them?

btw: in preferences, divereses, behavior: what does "arm" and "solo" mean? there is no changing in live by changing the parameters, or am i blind and thumb?

Machinate

Re: Legato vs. special launch modi

Post by Machinate » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:59 pm

The Kraut wrote:maybe i´m too foolish, but if i activate the legato i´m loosing the repeat-funktion. is there any way, to get both of them?
Well, no. The repeat function keeps restarting the sample, and legato prevents restarting. I don't know which overrules the other, maybe both, but theoretically, no, it's not possible.
btw: in preferences, divereses, behavior: what does "arm" and "solo" mean? there is no changing in live by changing the parameters, or am i blind and thumb?
These change the arming and soloing behaviour. When on, only *one* track can be armed or soloed, unless you simultaneously press the required modifier key, ctrl in xp

The Kraut

Post by The Kraut » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:46 pm

thx machinate

last qeustion: would you say hello to this legato-&-repeat-feature or am i the onlyiest?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:10 pm

Kraut, using legato AND repeat together wouldn't make any sense :? What would you use it for, they would cancel each other out?!? :?

Andreas :)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

The Kraut

Post by The Kraut » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:18 am

sorry, Machinate, but it would make sense. but i afraid(?) my english is too bad, to explain. i try: i have in several tracks some loops and they are running legato, so, they are synced (in counttime/barposition). now i like a machin-gun-break on the drums or whatever (in one track) and i trigger the repeat. it mahineguns a while and now i go back and all loops in all tracks again in sync. it would make sense, wouldnt it?
yup, i know, i can prepar the loops to get this, but in this case i have to prepair and i need more controll-knobs.