police state

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sweetjesus

police state

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:25 am

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:55 am

things of this nature happen a lot to protesters here in america.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:57 am

ThrowAway wrote:things of this nature happen a lot to protesters here in america.
the cops in those uniforms look frekkin scary

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:07 am

search youtube for the st pete tent slashings and youll see them slash occupied tents with razor knifes. in this case 2-3 were crying as they did this. some were laughing and enjoying themselves. I dont know if the video shows this. I was going down there to drop off food and help out alot before and after this happened. St petersburg has some corrupt officials running stuff.

I forgot to say this was retalation for the homeless helping out with the war protests.

D K

Post by D K » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 am

i've done my share of protests, both performing and filming,
and it's overly dramatic crap like the cuts to nazi germany that make me laugh and wonder why these kids are basically acting like fox news.
if they kept to the facts and presented the info intelligently, it would be much more beneficial, but this over dramatization unfortunately makes it nothing more than propaganda... which is really too bad because the info is so damn important.

bragi0

Post by bragi0 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:21 am

that's why I wear hugo boss. The nazis were pricks, but damn they looked good doing it. :roll:

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:25 am

D K wrote: wonder why these kids are basically acting like fox news.
i agree for the most part, but thats how the material was portrayed for the last 7 years and look how far the USA have come.. im guessing the peeps who did this were very calculated in delivering propaganda level material, from the tone of the womans voice to the cutting of the video.. it actually had an impact on me.

D K

Post by D K » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:32 am

it works for some age groups, demographics, etc. but not all... that's its' downfall.
it should be able to be taken seriously by all.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:50 am

Seriously, the Hitler/Nazi comparison made the credibility of this video drop way down for me...as it does for most people. It's just another voice of extremism. I wish we could zap these people back in time to 1939 Germany for a little vacation and when they come back they would probably shut the fuck up.

Maybe they had a valid point to make but after that I wasn't really interested.

Don't taze me bro.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:39 am

beats me wrote:

Don't taze me bro.
lol
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am

beats me wrote: I wish we could zap these people back in time to 1939 Germany for a little vacation and when they come back they would probably shut the fuck up.
Well, isn't that exactly what the police state tries to achieve? That these protesters shut the fuck up? In the land of free speech etc?

thefool

Post by thefool » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:31 am

pepezabala wrote:In the land of free speech etc?
Seen from a Danish POV i suppose that calling the USA the land
of free speech is a big fat joke :P

edit: thats a pretty rough comment, but thats what it seems like sometimes.
BUT it could just be because the people making such vid's are crazy.
There are allways some extremists around, that try to make others
feel with them.

I remember a case in denmark at some demonstration and the police
was just filmed being violent etc, but it took a few days until we got to know
that the demonstrants attacked the police with stones and such..

The details count

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:31 am

I don't think that the Nazi footage was too out of place, it must be pretty worrying to know that you've been filmed taking part in something like this. I'm no expert on American law but even I know that the police are "bending" the rules quite a bit in that footage. Somebody else should cut that evidence together in a slightly less fist-in-the-air style and spread that as much as possible.

We're not that much different over here really, our police are a little more covert about it and have remote CC cameras on every street corner and every road bridge. Anyone who hasn't seen the ILLEGAL footage called "the battle of the bean field" which shows how the British police broke up a gathereing at stonehenge in 1985 can now see it on YouTube, our police can resort to similar tactics. I'd guess that not much has changed for the better either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCkUZAwvEA

Well worth a watch if you've not seen it already. This footage lost the chaiman of Channel4 his position when he tried to air it on UK television.
Last edited by Martyn on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

dango

Post by dango » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 am

have you seen how these fascist are now selling the Real ID thing. saying the states that do not except it by May 2008 will just be punishing their residents; because their residents will no longer be able to fly on planes with a drivers license. this is from the head of the SS,,, i mean Gestapo,,, I mean Dept of Homeland security. you must get your national ID's now you little drone sheepies. History repeats its self. it may not be as bad as Nazi Germany yet (tell that to the innocent people in the middle east getting slaughtered and locked up by us for no reason) but all the blueprints for Nazi Germany are in place. (*see the patriot act)

thefool

Post by thefool » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:43 am

dango wrote:(tell that to the innocent Arab's getting slaughtered and locked up by us for no reason)
:/

I hope sometime the government will realize its time to take care of its own citizens. Again it might be the media, but there is focus on the problems with the health insurance policy you got.

Soon it will all be over, and Bush is off.