NEW Vestax VCM 600 Midi Controller perfect for Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
diego vega

NEW Vestax VCM 600 Midi Controller perfect for Live

Post by diego vega » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Very sexy check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJ-hQ42cUI

pic (scroll to the one in the bottom not the top one): http://www.vestax.com/v/info/newsevent/detail.php?id=41

Looks like a good alternatve to the UC-33e and the Behringers...

I think it's nice looks good, this is the kind of midi controllers that need to come out I think for djing and live performances with ableton live.

What do you think?

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Looks pretty nice indeed! Would like to see the specs though....

Just checked out the video, it looks pretty damn nice fo'sho!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm

It definetly looks like a good controller for Live but, I wonder what the price tag will be like.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Moody wrote:It definetly looks like a good controller for Live but, I wonder what the price tag will be like.
im so afraid of the price tag...

i admit not having an LCD in there is a bit of a shame.. but otherwise, what a frekkin nice controller.

theres definately Maven-esque elements/appeal to this device in my eyes.

jamez666

re: controller

Post by jamez666 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Ummm slight design flaw. The crossfader is not in the middle of the mixer. Maybe OK for some but that would be a def no no for me.

What about this baby...36 clip launching buttons, faders, knobs, and the crossfader is in the right position!!

http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohm.php
Intel Quad extreme QX9650 @ 4Ghz! , 8Gb Corsair, NVidia 9800 GX2 1Gb, Access Ti Polar, Livid Ohm, Akai MPD-32

Machinate

Re: re: controller

Post by Machinate » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 pm

jamez666 wrote:Ummm slight design flaw. The crossfader is not in the middle of the mixer. Maybe OK for some but that would be a def no no for me.
I wouldn't call that a design-flaw at all - it uses quite a standard house-mixer layout, besides the crossfader traditionally was to fade between an audio source on the left and right of the mixer - here it's for controlling a computer, so that paradigm wouldnt really apply.

I prefer the vestax to the livid, even though I like buttons.

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 pm

I don't care about crossfaders to be honest, I almost never use it.

But the crossfader is there because of the "wide" format of the mixer just like this one for example:

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:01 pm

There's more info (IN JAPANESE! can anyone translate?) and photos here:

http://www.soundactive.jp/vcm600.html

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:05 pm

diego vega wrote:There's more info (IN JAPANESE! can anyone translate?) and photos here:

http://www.soundactive.jp/vcm600.html

VCM-600 utilizing the DJ mixer technical know-how of ベスタクス, is the USB MIDI controller which is planned. The parameter which is necessary for the DJ play of the DJ software 160 types is extracted on the operation panel, more active DJ play in the DJ performance with LIVE is supported. In addition, in order for affinity of Ableton corporation LIVE6,7 to be high, to use the former DJ mixer even in the CLUB play you can play. As for VCI series the turntable of former DJ play and the controller which reproduces the operation feeling of JOG it is, but as for VCM-600 of VCM series it is the controller which specializes in the mixing play of DJ. In addition, the new DJ system where PC due to the movement of the music media of recent years was designated as the sound source base, and to develop DJ performance it probably is. Actualizing the layout which makes the part and the DJ mixer think which have the result with the former DJ mixer. In addition, LED of high brightness is loaded onto both sides of the panel, by the fact that the top panel surface is illuminated, performance with the dark CLUB DJ booth is supported.

VCM-600 MAIN FEATURES With 0 USB MIDI IN/OUT, it is possible to control the parameter of 160 types of Ableton corporation "VCM-600" software and MIDI corresponding software. 0 even with the dark CLUB DJ booth, it illuminates on the operation aspect from the substance both side, loading side illuminational mechanism. The input fader which becomes main point of mix of 0 DJ plays - adopting the sliding volume of the high reliability which is actual with PMC580 and VCI-100 to volume and pitch volume. Because of this, in smooth operation feeling, furthermore it can operate actively. Concerning 0 drivers, both MAC WINDOWS, with using the general-purpose driver of OS, in the plug and the play the 。which is enabled

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:34 pm

That looks wicked. :twisted:

ground_control

Post by ground_control » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm

It's so close to what I've always wanted that I don't really care about the price.

The only thing I'm worried about is the size. If it's a 19" format, that's pretty big for some of the booths I end up in.

J

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

That's pretty. Well done.

edit:

"to be continue"
Last edited by LOFA on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

^^yeah, it is too huge to haul around.

I thought the only way I was gonna see something like this was to build it myself!

ground_control

Post by ground_control » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Oh I'll probably still bring it to gigs for sure; otherwise what's the point?

I may just have to develop some system of setting it on a turntable that's better than the roll of masking tape I use to get my bcr up over the spindle. :D

J

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:15 pm

ground_control wrote:Oh I'll probably still bring it to gigs for sure; otherwise what's the point?

I may just have to develop some system of setting it on a turntable that's better than the roll of masking tape I use to get my bcr up over the spindle. :D

J
i havent seen any club without the space for this kinda setup in quite a while and sydney clubs are pretty conservative..